Help for setup comparison

Hello,

I tried to adapt the aggressive setup for the audi R8 LMS evo II for some circuits but the result is not very good for my driving style.
So, as I follow the youtube channel of Jardier (https://www.youtube.com/c/Jardier), I tried one of his setup for Spa. And it was an enormous change: in the fast corners, the understeer was not here anymore so I could go faster than ever but, in the opposite, in the slow corners the car was way too oversteery for my taste, making me slower in these parts.
I put the result of the comparison of the 2 setup files as attached file (only the pages with differences marked in yellow) to see if you can help me to identify how should I change Jardier setup to reduce the oversteer in slow corners without losting all the other advantages.
One last thing: I found my FFB harder at slow speed. I think it should come from the toe and/or camber... but if I put them back to the values of my own previous setup, what will be the change when driving ?

Thanks !

Attachments

• defaut A26.json - Jardier A26.pdf
    16 KB · Views: 217
You might want to use ACC Manager to compare the setups, as the values inside the json are just clicks for the in-game UI.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-manager.50578/

1658504751146.png

It looks like the right side setup has got a lot more rake, which should give you better turn in though also making the setup being more sensitive in corner exits when going on the throttle.

The increase in force for the FFB you are feeling in slower speed corners is probably due to the increased Caster for the right side setup.
I'll reduce those parameters a little to try to find a compromise.
Hope it could help other simracers as well.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.