F1 2011 Hello and a few thoughts

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
This is my first post, so I'll try to make it a short one.

I just got the game, and I'm loving it so far. There are a few minor issues that I can't seem to figure out (I know it just came out)

1. Game runs much better in DX9 (constant 60) but the loading times are just awful. V-sync is disabled from the game menu, but forced through D3D. Is there a way to fix this?

2. I found that if i turn off the ambient occlusion, I get a good 5-10fps boost running in DX11 (in the My Games/F12011 folder hardware settings file)

3. Random slowdowns in the pit. Sometimes I get 60 stable, sometimes it drops down to 30... Very random. I haven't figured out the cause yet. Happens only in the pit.

4. Something is wrong (I think) with my textures. They're really bad. Does the game have low res textures, or am I seeing things?

5. I saw a thread in the Mod forum, about a cam mod, that increases the FOV and shake. Any idea when it will be available?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the lame first post. :)

Oops I knew I was forgetting something. Thanks for the welcome :)

Here's the specs:

CPU: Phenom II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz (liquid cooled)
GPU: Ati Diamond HD6970 2GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Mobo: Asus EVO/USB3

I'm playing @ 1920x1080

I have no problems with any other game. (besides Red Orchestra 2, but I've given up till they patch it)

Thanks again.

Good specs and should be enough to run without drops. Devs already commented that the latest AMD drivers make a huge difference, do you have them installed? Also get the latest rapture drivers. (Ms7xwdc mentioned the improvements I believe)

Thanks Robin. Yes, I have the latest drivers, CAP profiles and Rapture 3D version installed. Races are running at 55-60 fps, which is OK (still not as smooth as Dirt3) but the pit still drops to mid 30s... :(

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%