Headset for teamspeak

I'm looking for a solution for teamspeak. Currently I have it running through my speakers but the problem is I can't hear it during races and I have no mic.

I was looking at surround sound headsets with mics but I'm wondering will I have the same problem, in that I either won't be able to hear teamspeak over the headset or find it distracting. I see there are other headsets that are like telesales headsets with only one earpiece and a mic. I'm assuming I could run just teamspeak on this headset and have the game sounds through my speakers.

I don't really need a gaming headset, but I'd guess a 7.1 surround headset would be much more immersive, I don't really have my 5.1 speakers set up properly and I move the front speakers to my monitor when playing sims and spread them back out for watching movies. It can be bothersome and it might just be more convenient to have a gaming headset rather than moving my speakers around all the time.

What do you guys do? Will a gaming headset solve my teamspeak problem? Is it just as hard to hear teamspeak over a headset as it would be over speakers? Do you have just teamspeak on a headset?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%