HE sprints vs ultimates

Hi guys
I know this will have been discussed previously but I was hoping for some more input.
I currently have the csl LC pedals and I want to upgrade, and I really can’t decide between the sprints or the ultimates. Although the price difference doesn’t really matter I don’t want to spend almost double if I don’t have too. If that makes sense.
So my question is, are the ultimates worth the extra, I have seen there seams to be more ‘travel’ on the ultimates brake which I like but the software seams to be difficult to setup on the ultimates? any help would be really appreciated thanks in advance

Most of us stopped making excuses after a while. :rolleyes:

We want It, so we get it.

MFG Carsten

I gave up on the excuses once upgrades started requiring upgrades haha

Load cell pedals need a proper rig. If you get the proper rig, you're essentially wasting the money you spent on it unless you have a DD wheel. Then you realize reducing flex in your entire setup will give you the maximum benefit from all of your new purchases, so obviously your reclining seat needs to be replaced as well.

We should all just stick with the same bulletproof argument that works 60% of the time every time...We're going green by increasing smiles/gallon on our rigs instead of hitting the tracks, which is also cheaper than hitting the track. Therefore, anyone against rig upgrades essentially hates saving money as well as the environment.

Upvote 0
You guys are going to hate me. I really like the new pedals. The clutch feels much more fluid and I like the throttle with damper too. I doubt it has any impact on lap times, but it feels nice.

Before I was in game, I thought the stock cushions didn't seem to move much and my gut reaction was that I'll want to put the softer cushion on to get a bit more motion, but in game the stock out of the box cushions felt good. I like how they feel.

I just spent an hour in the legacy MX-5 in iRacing and operation of the clutch and throttle felt very nice. I did remove just a tiny bit of the clutch travel, but I haven't modified anything else.

Basically they felt different while I was just pressing on the pedals out of game, but in game they felt right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys are going to hate me. I really like the new pedals. The clutch feels much more fluid and I like the throttle with damper too.
Hate the message, NOT the messenger.
Your credibility is slightly dented, however,
by giving feedback within hours of "after a weekend".
FWIW, I prefer my (non-H) throttle with mass added to its back,
perhaps comparable to your damper.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hate the message, NOT the messenger.
Your credibility is slightly dented, however,
by giving feedback within hours of "after a weekend".
I've obviously drunk the Koolaid. Just ignore me from now on.

Frankly I'm just a bit shocked because just playing with them, I was a bit underwhelmed, but as soon as I was in VR in game, they just felt right.

The feeling on the brakes was noticeable immediately to me once I was in game. If the progressive cushion upgrade for the Sprint makes them feel like this, that will be a worthwhile upgrade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I bought some sprints for the kids a while back to go on their rig. So I had a lot of experience with the ultimates before I tried the sprints, for most its the other way around.

I think the differences may be more apparent when you feel a downgrade rather than trying to find the upgrade.

Everything felt like a downgrade but I am certainly spoiled and that doesnt mean the sprints are bad. Plenty of people love them, they wont hold you back from being an alien if you have the skill to get there.

Everyone is going to be different, if you need more braking than the sprints offer then you dont have any choice, otherwise all other features are more refined but wont make any difference other than feel once you are used to it. They way the ulitmates are made, they really are for the life of you rig unless you decide you want something different. So much more peace of mind compared to hydraulics.

Upvote 0
One of the biggest take aways I have so far is that it is easy to mess up a perfectly good set of pedals by configuring them wrong.

I had decreased the travel of my throttle on my Sprints while they were upright to try to prevent heal drag and I think I lost some throttle modulation control. I never changed back when I inverted them. I immediately noticed now much more travel the U+ throttle pedal had out of the box and since I don't have the heal drag issue inverted, I left it where it was.

I immediately dropped 30 seconds off a Rally stage that I ran cold in Dirt Rally 2.0, but that is primarily throttle modulation and I think I had hurt the performance of my Sprints by decreasing the throttle travel.

So I can not A/B the pedals for something like this because I think I effectively sabotaged the Sprints, besides that fact that I'm not consistent enough to make those kinds of comparisons.

Going to @blekenbleu's comment, I can not give a good objective comparison of the pedals because 1. I had messed with my Sprint's configuration. 2. The new hasn't worn off and there is an emotional factor that biases your opinions. 3. I'm not a very good or consistent simracer. So I can't tell you that I've run the ring 500 times and can usually finish it within a few tenths of a second and I just got my best time ever. I'm simply incapable of that type of comparison.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The what now? Am I out of the loop? :)
HE now has custom made for them progressive cushions. The U+ have them and recent Sprints ship with them. Upgrades will be available for older Sprints.

It is possible that the damper may contribute to the feel I'm getting even if it isn't obvious to me like the throttle and clutch. But I can prove or disprove that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
HE now has custom made for them progressive cushions. The U+ have them and recent Sprints ship with them. Upgrades will be available for older Sprints.
Interesting. I'm just reading now about these new elastomers. I found a video on youtube but no specific info directly from them. Any idea if the ultimate+ upgrade kit has these? I'm also interested to find out the cutoff date for when the Sprints started getting these (I have a set from December '21).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interesting. I'm just reading now about these new elastomers. I found a video on youtube but no specific info directly from them. Any idea if the ultimate+ upgrade kit has these? I'm also interested to find out the cutoff date for when the Sprints started getting these (I have a set from December '21).
Then you should most likely have the new ones. If they have markings on one of the ends of the elastomers, they're the new ones.

The new elastomers will be made available for existing Sprint owner, but unfortunately I can't say when due to supply issues. (The raw material to make them is oil, and that's a bit of an issue right now as you'll all know.)

Should also be noted that the "old" Sprint elastomers and even the old, classic Ultimate elastomers were also progressive, just a different, less aggressive curve. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Then you should most likely have the new ones. If they have markings on one of the ends of the elastomers, they're the new ones.

The new elastomers will be made available for existing Sprint owner, but unfortunately I can't say when due to supply issues. (The raw material to make them is oil, and that's a bit of an issue right now as you'll all know.)

Should also be noted that the "old" Sprint elastomers and even the old, classic Ultimate elastomers were also progressive, just a different, less aggressive curve. :)
Wow, thanks for the quick response Enzo! Yes, the ones on my ultimates do have markings. Good to know :)

Upvote 0
If there is one key description for HE, I think responsive ranks very high on that list.

While Enzo is watching this, I just sent/sold my Sprints. Can the new owner still reach out for support?

I sent him everything I got with the kit and more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If there is one key description for HE, I think responsive ranks very high on that list.

While Enzo is watching this, I just sent/sold my Sprints. Can the new owner still reach out for support?

I sent him everything I got with the kit and more.
Of course!

We may sometimes ask for a copy of the invoice. I would recommend sending one over to the new owner. You can blank/cross out any personal details, just as long as we can still see the order number.

Upvote 0
Of course!

We may sometimes ask for a copy of the invoice. I would recommend sending one over to the new owner. You can blank/cross out any personal details, just as long as we can still see the order number.
Thanks!
I'll make sure to send him a copy.

Edit: Did send him a copy and he has his pedals setup now and is very happy with them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK, I think I've had a cooling off period after the initial excitement of getting a new toy.
I like the way the Ultimate+'s feel better and I believe I'll be happy with the stock Ultimate pedal faces.

My lap times are unchanged.

So buy the Ultimate+s if you have a good reason ( more pedal pressure) or just want a more premium pedal set ( dampers, SS, larger pedal faces), but don't buy them expecting that you will drive any faster.

I think that pretty well sums it up.

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 130 85.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 46 30.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 52 34.2%