HDR monitor, issues with Content Manager (Assetto Corsa)

I've recently bought a HDR monitor and having some issues with Content Manager (Assetto Corsa). Worth noting I've not yet seen any other issues with any other apps or games (yet).

With HDR switched on globally in Windows (10) the black background of Content Manager constantly flickers (just the background, everything else is fine) and when I try to select a car or track the screen flashes completely black for about 2 seconds at a time making it impossible tonuse CM at all until I tab out of CM and back to Windows ro globally switch HDR off again.

And with HDR globally switched off on Windows the black background of CM still flickers but I can select cars and tracks fine without the flashing mentioned above. (I get the off black flash but not the constant flashing that happens with HDR on)

So currently I have to switch HDR off in Windows, setup whatever session I'm doing in CM, join the session and only then can I turn HDR back on and race. This is extremely frustrating because every single time I want to leave a session to change a setting in CM I have to turn HDR off and then back on again once I'm back on track.

I can't be the only person who's experiencing HDR issues with CM? Any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Also worth noting that once fully in AC and on track I have zero HDR issues, no flickering or flashing and the game looks beautiful in HDR, it's like night and day when I switch in on and off.

I think I've fixed it!!!!

Content Manager/Settings/Content Manager/Appearance/System/

Tick the box to Disable Hardware Acceleration For UI

How's your HDR experience in AC with CSP/Pure?
It looks damn good! The colours pop, the blacks are deep black and whites are bright. All that combined makes a very nice picture indeed. I'm lucky enough to have an Nvidia 3090 so even with all the graphics settings maxed out it runs at the 240fps required for the 240Hz monitor so it's smooth too.

I was a bit concerned that having a 45" monitor that's 'only' 3440x1440' would have too low a pixel density but imo the HDR, OLED and large size more than make up for it. The pixel density is only really noticeable when looking at text up close in Windows, while gaming it isn't noticeable.

All in all a good alternative to triple screens IMO because it's fairly large, Ultrawide, looks great and runs s at 240Hz with graphics settings maxed out.

For anyone wondering, this is the monitor I bought, I wasn't sure how I'd like the aggressive 800r curve but so far it's been great!

It cost £1052 (UK) direct from LG because you get a bit of discount for registering on their website and then a bit more discount for being your first purchase with them. Very happy so far.

• Deleted member 197115

Are you using Windows Auto HDR, or following SOL/Pure instruction with DXGI, borderless screen mode, HDR PPFilter, etc. ?
I don't think any option works well, at least Auto HDR is not completely borked, still not as good as SDR.
Native ACC HDR on the other hand works brilliantly.

Are you using Windows Auto HDR, or following SOL/Pure instruction with DXGI, borderless screen mode, HDR PPFilter, etc. ?
I don't think any option works well, at least Auto HDR is not completely borked, still not as good as SDR.
Native ACC HDR on the other hand works brilliantly.
All I've done so far is enable HDR in Windows, I've not touched anything in CM. Do you have a link to those instructions?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea