Have Your Say: All Time Ultimate F1 Schedule

Gonna cheat a little :p
1: GP of Australia @ Adelaide - just the perfect place to start of a season.
2: GP of Argentina @ Buenos Aires Lake Layout
3: GP of Mexico @ Hermanos Rodriguez
4: GP of the United States @ Sonoma - even though a street race at New York would fit better
5: GP of the Americas @ COTA
6: GP of Canada @ Montreal
7: GP of Spain @ Jerez
8: GP of Monaco
9: GP of San Marino @ Imola
10: GP of Hungary @ Hungaroring
11: GP of Europe @ Donington/Hockenheim/Mugello rotating
12: GP of the UK @ Silverstone - to much heritage to leave it out.
13: GP of Germany @ Nordschleife - completely impossible but it would be the perfect end to the first Half of the Season.
14: GP of Belgium @ Spa
15: GP of Italy @ Monza
16: GP of Turkey @ Istanbul Park
17: GP of Bahrain @ Sakhir
18: GP of Asia @ Singapore
19: GP of Malaysia @ Sepang
20: GP of China @ Shanghai
21: GP of Japan @ Suzuka
22: GP of Brazil @ Interlagos - Not fitting the schedule but has Produced to good Finals to be replaced

Actually I am probably the only Person who wouldn't mind a 25 race calendar therefore I had even more I'd add even more no matter how dumb that is.

While these tracks aren't all necessarily my favorites,
I've tried to go for a balance of tracks that are either challenging, filled with heritage, provide great racing and provide commercial opportunities.
On top of that I tried to split the season into to continents (except opener and final) in order to lower logistic costs.

Albert Park (Australia)
Suzuka (Japan)
Monaco (Monaco)
Imola (San Marino)
Hockenheim (Germany)
Brands Hatch (England)
Gilles Villeneuve (Canada)
Road America (USA)
Autódromo Oscar y Juan Gálvez (Argentina)
Dijon-Prenois (France)
Red Bull Ring (Austria)
Brno (Czech Republic)
Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium)
Monza (Italy)
Silverstone (UK)
Algarve (Portugal)
Jarama (Spain)
Nürburgring (Europe)

Based on FIA grade one circuits:

Albert Park (Australia)
Sepang (Malaysia)
Shanghai (China)
Fuji (Japan)
Suzuka (Asia)
Dubai (UAE)
Moscow Raceway (Russia)
Aragon (Spain)
Estoril (Portugal)
Imola (San Marino)
Magny-Cours (France)
Hockenheim (Germany)
Mugello (Mediterranean GP)
Silverstone (UK)
Red Bull Ring (Austria)
Nürburgring (Europe)
Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium)
Monza (Italy)
Interlagos (Brazil)
Indianapolis (USA)
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (Canada)
Circuit of the Americas (North America)

Last edited:
Tracks from the current calendar:
  • Silverstone (The best track with a great heritage)
  • Spa (The second best track with a great heritage)
  • Monza (The third best track with a great heritage)
  • Shanghai
  • Baku (Just plane entertainment these last couple of years)
  • Monaco (Great heritage)
  • Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
  • Spielberg
  • Hockenheimring
  • Suzuka
  • Interlagos
  • Barcelona-Catalunya
  • (Paul Richard) it looks like a good track to have but we still need a race to know for sure

Comeback tracks:
  • Zandvoort (Not only my home track but a track that has a really nice flow to it with different sections that are all uniquely challenging)
  • Brands Hatch
  • Nürbergring GP (Used to provide a good race and is just really nice to drive with a great history with the Nordschleife next door)

• No races in the US as I cannot think of proper F1 ready tracks in the US. Yes COTA is there but it is not a unique track and is just a combination of some stolen bits from other tracks.
  • Dropping Singapore and the Hongaroring as the track does not promote good racing
  • Dropping Yas Marina as the track does not have great character and having it as the season closer is a shame as there are other places that have more racing heritage and that promote better racing especially for a season finale.
  • Both Sochi and Mexico do not provide a great race and are mainly a combination of strange corners combined with long long straights.

19 races season. Schedule is not really thought how it works for travelling or what time of year is locally. It is more of a collection of circuits:

Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Circuit de Monaco
Sepang International Circuit
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Baku City Circuit

Red Bull Ring
Circuit de la Sarthe
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Sebring International Raceway

Road America
Silverstone Circuit
Automotodróm Slovakia Ring
Suzuka International Racing Course
Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez

Algarve International Circuit Portimao
Hungaroring
Nordschleife
Autódromo José Carlos Pace Interlagos

Some comments:
I wanted to have melbourne start the season and end the 19 race season in interlagos. Both are mainly for traditions. I wanted to keep some other races as well for the same reasons: monaco, monza, silverstone, hungaroring, red bull ring and suzuka. While not the most exciting races these are the european races and I feel should be kept.

The new additions are the lemans race and some of the american races. Cota is dropped for races in sebring (because it is hella bumpy and f1 needs a bumpy track) and road america because it might be great race for f1 cars but needs some big safety improvement in couple areas.

Other new tracks are the algarve track because it looks pretty cool and slovakiaring because it looks like a fun track as well. And nordschleife. I just want to see how fast f1 would go there. The race would be pretty boring and the race would only be done once because of deaths. But them lap times!

And obviously we are going to have a race in spa and canada. China, bahrain and russian gp are dropped because of human right issues and/or the track is shite (looking at you putin).

Easy:
Just insert randomly 16-22 non-Tilkedromes and we're good to go.

In no particular order:
Adelaïde
Estoril
Imola
Interlagos
Jarama
Montréal
Monza
Sebring (love to see them tackle that)
Spa
Portimao
Mid Ohio
Monaco
Okayama
Suzuka
Road America
Le Mans (Just to see how much they can go under the 3 min mark)

Test : Barcelona and Aragon
1-Bahrein
2-Barcelona (or Aragon)
3-Monaco
4-Montreal (or Mosport)
5-Paul Ricard
6-Baku
7-Silverstone (2000-2014 version) or Brands Hatch
8-Nurburgring
9-Hungaroring
10-Spa
11-Monza (or Imola or Mugello)
12-Spielberg
13-Daytona Road course (or Sebring or Road America or Indy)
14-Interlagos
15- Mexico
16-Suzuka (or Fuji)
17- Adelaide
There was no 2000-2014 version of Silverstone. I think you mean the 2000-2009 version

March:
- Adelaide (Grand Prix of Australia) Historic venue
- Interlagos (Grand Prix of South America) This can rotate with Buenos Aires
April:
- Mexico City (Grand Prix of Mexico) Nice early test of straight line speed
- Sanghai (Grand Prix of China) Mixed on this, but I feel enough people like it
- Sepang (Grand Prix of Asia) Rotate this with Korea, India or anyone else in the area
May:
- Jerez (Grand Prix of Spain) Barcelona is fine, but I think a change would be refreshing
- Monaco (Grand Prix of Monaco) Wouldn't be F1 without it!
June:
- Silverstone (Grand Prix of Britain) Rotate with Donington and Brands Hatch
- Spielberg (Grand Prix of East Europe) Rotate with Hungaroring
- Paul Ricard (Grand Prix of France) France is historic
July:
- Algarve (Grand Prix of Portugal) Maybe rotate with Estoril
- Nordschleife (Grand Prix of Germany) Would be amazing
- Istanbul (Grand Prix of Three Worlds) Great way to end before the summer break
August:
- OFF
September:
- Imola (Grand Prix of Italy) Historic, duh
- Spa Francorchamps (Grand Prix of Europe) Great way to end the European races
- Montreal (Grand Prix of Canada) Love the track, Mosport would be unsafe
October:
- Watkins Glen (Vanderbilt Cup) Historic and bring back the old race name
- Suzuka (Finale Grand Prix of Japan) Love this track, should hold the finale

Testing- Catalina or Jerez
Round 1- Adelaide
Round 2- Korea
Round 3- Bahrain
Round 4- Shanghai
Round 5- Turkey
Round 6- Catalina or Jerez depending on which track was tested
Optional- Monaco night race(qualify shootout for GP)
Round 7- Monaco
Round 8- Montréal
Round 9- Austria
Round 10- Imola
Round 11- Baku
Round 12- Bugatti Le Mans or Circuit de la sarthe (just a thought)
Round 13- Silverstone
Round 14- Nurburgring
Round 15- Hungaroring
Round 16- Spa
Round 17- Monza
Round 18- Indianapolis classic layout
Round 19- Suzuka
Round 20- Singapore
Round 21- Sochi
Round 22- Malaysia
Round 23- Mexico
Round 24- Interlagos
Round 25- Abu Dhabi

My pick of the circuits and why, these are my own reasons okay, I numbered them but thats not the order I would put them in okay, they were the order they came into my head

1. Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe - A test of the cars itself
2. Silverstone - Because F1 isnt F1 without the British Grand Prix
3. Monza - You cant have F1 without Monza
4. Monaco - It has to be there because of the history
5. Spa-Francorchamps - Again you cant have F1 without this circuit
6. Kyalami - High altitude
7. Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez - High Altitude
8. Nurburgring Combined circuit - A test of the drivers to master the track
9. Bathurst - Because of Corners 11 through 15!
10. Singapore - Night racing
11. Interlagos - The crazy weather!
12. Austin - Dont want to let the American fans down (Haas F1 needs a home race)
13. Adelaide - You need to have a few street circuits
14. Circuit du Gilles Villeneuve - fast and rewarding circuit cant go without it
15. Yas Marina Circuit - Dusk to Night racing
16. Watkins Glen - Slight older circuit but its still good

Those are my choices for circuits that need to be on the calendar, there are classics on there, along with a few others from other motorsports disciplines like WEC, Aussie V8 Supercars, and the Nurburgring 24 hours, the reasons behind these picks are to push the cars and the drivers to the limit, Nurburgring Combined and Le Mans are the car and driver breakers, I thought hard about them, there are some in there like Silverstone, Monaco, Monza and Spa which should be MANDATORY circuits F1 MUST go to since they were in the 1950 F1 season for classic reasons

Last edited:
1) - Grand Prix of China: Shanghai
2) - Grand Prix of Japan: Suzuka
3) - Grand Prix of Malaysia: Sepang
4) - Grand Prix of California: Long Beach
5) - Grand Prix of Monte Carlo: Monaco
6) - Grand Prix of Canada: Montreal
7) - Grand Prix of Turkey: Istanbul Park
8) - Grand Prix of Europe: Imola
9) - Grand Prix of Austria: Red Bull Ring
10) - Grand Prix of Germany: Hockenheim
11) - Grand Prix of Great Britain: Silverstone
12) - Grand Prix of France: Paul Ricard
13) - Grand Prix of Belgium: Spa-Francorchamps
14) - Grand Prix of Italy: Monza

15) - Grand Prix of Texas: Circuit of The Americas
16) - Grand Prix of Brazil: Interlagos

A short calendar with only the best (imo) tracks. This will mean a lower cost for smaller teams, as well as a greater sense of occasion to each race.

Bold Races make up the Formula 1 Crown - A mini-championship of the most prestigious 6 races. The driver with the most points from these races will be awarded with a separate prize from the overall WDC.

Zandvoort (GP of the Netherlands) - Location and Track are somethin unique. The Sand and the wind qould be a challenge for driver and Teams. Also in the Netherlands the Verstappen Hype is still rollling.

I kinda disagree with Zandvoort on this list. Zandvoort is an unique track, but it's tight and twisty nature would have to be adapted to F1 standard/Tilkefied, and I'd rather not see that happen.

Assen TT on the other hand is already a full blown MotoGP track, so getting F1 cars on there shouldn't be too difficult.

Pre-Season Jerez and Catalunya - Not great circuits for a full race, but very good at exposing issues with the cars. Perfect for testing.

Race 1 Monaco - It's not a great race, but it would be incredible as a season opener to see all of the cars and the atmosphere. That would make it a good first race. Maybe make it a dusk race or night race?

Race 2 Sepang - Great racetrack, and would begin the Asian/Middle Eastern races

Race 3 Suzuka - It's normally a good race, and it makes sense to do it. (Not as a night race tho)

Race 4 Bahrain - The second of three Tilkedromes I would keep. Normally pretty good racing, and the dusk to night race is pretty cool

Race 5 Spa - The return to Europe, in style. 'Nuff said.

Race 6 Donington - Might be a good race, might not. Still, better as a European GP than the alternatives, because......

Race 7 Nurburgring GP - The German GP in place of Hockenheim, because well, yeah.

Race 8 Monza - Couldn't not have it in here. Sorry Mugello.

Race 9 Imola - Back to back with Monza, since travel times would be measured in hours. Need this circuit back.

Race 10 Brands Hatch - UK GP, since honestly, Silverstone has become kinda boring and repetitive. This one could be up for debate though.

Race 11 Road America (GP of the Americas) - A brilliant circuit, probably tied with Watkins as the best American track. Watkins could easily go here as well, but.....

Race 12 Watkin's Glen (US GP) - The classic home of F1 in America.

Race 13 Long Beach (California GP) - The second street circuit on this list, because I thought more street circuits were needed, and Long Beach is probably the best in the Western Hemisphere.

Race 14 Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve - Great history, great track..... What's not to like? Kinda wish there was somewhere to put Mosport though.

Race 15 Phillip Island - I know, but I really think that Bathurst would actually be a kinda boring race, with how wide modern F1 cars are. And Adelaide should be remembered as it was, not how it would be today.

Race 16 Interlagos - As far as Brazilian circuits go, this is probably the best and should be the season finale.

Overall: You may notice I've cut back on the general number of races, and European races in particular. What I'm trying to do is balance it based on hemispheres, with a third of the races in Europe, a third in the Americas, and a third in Asia/Australia. Also, fewer races, in general, mean lower costs, and higher incentive to do well. In modern F1, you can have one bad weekend and it not mean much. With fewer races, each would mean far more and everyone would be pushing harder every weekend. Also, I've prioritized good races over backdrop ( with the exception of Monaco). Thoughts?

Return of the OG nurburgring GP or the big green hell.

Removal of Tilkedromes.

Road America replacing track of the americas.

Maybe Laguna Seca.

Brands Hatch.

Fuji speedway together with suzuka. Dont replace suzuka tho.

Have a non-crap track in China.

Australia 2: Return of the Adelaide.

Reactions: DND
I kinda disagree with Zandvoort on this list. Zandvoort is an unique track, but it's tight and twisty nature would have to be adapted to F1 standard/Tilkefied, and I'd rather not see that happen.

Assen TT on the other hand is already a full blown MotoGP track, so getting F1 cars on there shouldn't be too difficult.

Well yeah Assen may be ready now but it doesn't have anywhere near as much character as Zandvoort does. Zandvoort has a better flow to it, looks better and has more history.

And if we're honest comparing Zandvoort to the Hungaroring... The latter is tight and twisty too but has no flow, no character, no good racing and is all kinds of horrible. I'd prefer Zandvoort every day of the week.

It would be a huge shame if they were to bring the Dutch GP "back" by using Assen, just keep it to the MotoGP guys.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 195 67.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 125 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 133 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 57 19.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 79 27.3%
Back