Have TSW2 now, time to switch to DD ?

I read the going to DD after TS-PC., lots of good info there. Heres a little background on me. Raced in GPL leagues years ago, now mostly Assetto Corsa, GTR2, still GPL, and am trying to use Automobilista 2 with no luck at present(steering reversed).
I even wonder If most here know what a TSW2 wheel is. Its old, than again so am I.
Little info for those who don't know , a TSW2 is a 180 degree wheel(thats stretching it a bit too) which over the years has been upgraded to newer Hall sensors, new springs,USB and countless new pots for the pedals.
I also need a wheel that can be desk mounted, with very little space. Always wanted a wheel that actually turned a full 360 degrees for realism, I'm less particular about the FFB feeling.
I've also driven real cars on track in time trails, track days and also for awhile in SCCA as well.
My pedals are mounted right now hanging down as they would be in a real car, so I need to be able to do that with the new ones as well.
My favorite at present is the Moza R5, which I only know of thru reviews. Fanatec was also considered, but there seem to be issues with fit and finish. I want what I buy to last, at least as long as my TSW2 which at present is around 25 years or so. You can say what you want about TSW, but they are built to last.
As far as budget, probably less than $1000. I am retired BTW !

I even wonder If most here know what a TSW2 wheel is. Its old, than again so am I.
FWIW you’re not alone with using old hardware. I’m still using my 17 year old ECCI Trackstar 6000 wheel and pedal set. I am completely limited to my desk for the foreseeable future. I simply have no space for a rig or even a wheel stand really in the room where my PC is.
My pedals are mounted right now hanging down as they would be in a real car, so I need to be able to do that with the new ones as well.
To the degree I’ve researched to far, I’m very much getting the impression that using a reasonably good set of load cell pedals when you’re limited to driving at your desk is seemingly a much bigger obstacle than accommodating a low-to-moderate torque DD wheelbase on a desk.

For now at least I have Automobilista 2 installed but not working. I did suggest a simple invert axis to Reiza which would solve the issue(same as Assetto Corsa), but I would be very surprised to see this implemented.
I mostly got it to see the 1970 version of Spa, one of my alltime favorite tracks.
Its strange about Automobilisat 2, as the original worked fine on my PC with no issues.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 35.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 69 58.5%