Has driving other sims made anyone appreciate iRacing more?

TedBrosby-

Premium
Lately I'm trying to farm safety in Assetto Corsa Competizione, and their awful safety implementation makes me just feel like having mom's cooking when I get back into iRacing.
iRacing might have its faults... But man their safety system is perfect.

iRacing's safety /rating is far from perfect not least because of its cost.

An alternate way to do the entire server/safety aspect is to make the dedicated servers that people can deploy for themselves and set who can join via passwords but also minimum safety and/or pace and allow the owner to set the number of splits their box(es) can cope with. Combine it with one centralised bit of server that allows scheduled races and you have iRacings strengths but the cost is spread throughout the community and they can host their own in their own way. iRacing has worked out a way to make safety but the way they fund it is obnoxious and unnecessary and another sim could eat their lunch with the right model.

I also think pace is probably more important. There are very few people with pace who are just plain unsafe and when they are it usually involves moderators to check footage and ban them. Known wreckers keep getting let back into iRacing or kept because they are otherwise famous. It is not a consistent system. What I think is they have shown as the elements necessary for making a step towards cleaner races but its also packaged more expensively than it needs to be.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.