Tracks Harris Park

If there was a thread for "what are you working on" I wouldn't have made a thread for this, as it's in quite early stages.

I picked a loop downtown in the city I live in, and started making a circuit around it.
DjwBJ5a.jpg

I marked on the overhead view the intended course; so far I've modeled that and made placeholders for some of the buildings. It's around a 45 second 1km circuit in road cars. ~17m difference in elevation from top to bottom since it runs into the flood plain so it has some fairly steep curved corners.
I'm not yet sure which direction it'll be run in - so I am planning to get enough surroundings done to test it both ways and probably upload to get some opinions. (direction it's intended to run determines where the details go, since you see different things more clearly)
Some specifics are also still open to changes; eg. right now the parking lot in the middle is just an open space, but I could add barriers to force a specific route (it has light posts down the middle, but I might leave those out). And the street on the right has a raised median so I might close off the narrow side of it; there's also the option between the smooth curve and a right angled intersection that's not yet modeled. The smooth curve has more variety but it's essentially wide enough for a single car, whereas the alternate route makes the entire loop 2 lanes or more.

WYmlolJ.jpg

The river runs along the bottom edge of the layout, the park along the river is named Harris Park, thus the circuit name.

qgac0Ci.jpg

These blocks are an interesting mix of houses (mostly converted to businesses) and 10+ story buildings. There's also a large parking lot just above the layout / to be on the right of this image, that I'll probably use for the pits.

Last edited:
Spent a few hours listening to podcasts and adding stuff to it today - more roads, plus more filling in the one main central block. Haven't actually spent a huge amount of time on it in the last month, just not really in the mood. Hoping to get the immediate surroundings all solid and then I'll do a video of how it looks driven.

nYopP82.jpg

Just because of all the one way streets I'm leaning toward running it clockwise, on the other hand I can do a much nicer pit entry/exit counterclockwise. Still mostly just a question of which stuff gets detailed attention outside the actual circuit (since you'll see forward past the ends of the straights)

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Forum trophies