Handbrake upgrade, worth?

Aiologs handbrake is nice, but I think the load cell in the HE model may feel more precise, just like a brake pedal, in which you control it by the force applied, not by the distance you push it. I would also like a longer lever in the Aiologs handbrake, but that means that the it then would require too little strenght to move it, since it's not adjustable.

Upvote 0
Aiologs handbrake is nice, but I think the load cell in the HE model may feel more precise, just like a brake pedal, in which you control it by the force applied, not by the distance you push it. I would also like a longer lever in the Aiologs handbrake, but that means that the it then would require too little strenght to move it, since it's not adjustable.
I had a Fanatec handbrake and now a Heusinkveld one, honestly not much difference between the two despite the former using a spring/potentiometer and the later elastometers and a 200kg load cell.

They are both analog and feel pretty similar in action I just got the HE one because of the build quality and zero flex but the Fanatec one will work just as well if you want to save some pennies though if you don’t have a Fanatec wheel you’ll be hit with their “not using Fanatec gear” tax and need a pricey USB adapter.

Upvote 0
Aiologs handbrake is nice, but I think the load cell in the HE model may feel more precise, just like a brake pedal, in which you control it by the force applied, not by the distance you push it. I would also like a longer lever in the Aiologs handbrake, but that means that the it then would require too little strength to move it, since it's not adjustable.

There is a lot of misinformation and assumptions that may not be true about load cell vs. potentiometers. Load cells and potentiometers have nothing to do with feel. That is up to the mechanical design of the brake. Given the amount of travel in a handbrake in real life, I don't see any reason that a potentiometer should not be able to measure that accurately.

I am looking at buying or making a handbrake. The Aiologs one is high on my list but I would not be able to use it on my PS4 unless I got a GIMX adaptor working (I have ordered the parts). I could use the Fanatec one on the PS4 but it does not look nearly as nice as the Aiologs one. Barry's review suggested that the Aiologs was really good for the price.

I'm not sure how good a homemade hadbrake would be. It would be cheaper but I would still need the GIMX adaptor to use it on my PS4.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 20 12.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 57 35.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 92 57.9%