Handbrake - Changing from axis to button

I have a generic USB handbrake which functions on an axis, the "Rudder" to be precise.

The plan was to use this in ETS2/ATS but it is required to be a button and won't accept as an axis input.

1691158386110.png

My question is, can you (and if so how) change the input of the device from an axis to a single button input?

Thanks in advance,
Iain.

I may be wrong, but...
Try to bind it temporarily to some action that can be used with axis control, then open controls.sii, check in config lines how is the command named for that action - it will be the part after action name, between '' - and then copy it to the "mix parkingbrake " line.

In this way I'm using right gamepad analog to set retarder and, with modifier, to change gear to R (I use "real automatic gearbox"):
config_lines[328]: "mix retarderup `keyboard.apostrophe?0 | (!any_shift) & (!any_ctrl) & joy.ry`"
config_lines[329]: "mix retarderdown `keyboard.semicolon?0 |(!any_shift) & (!any_ctrl) & -joy.ry`"
config_lines[426]: "mix gearup `keyboard.lshift?0 | any_shift & -joy.ry | semantical.gearup?0`"
config_lines[427]: "mix geardown `keyboard.lctrl?0 | any_shift & joy.ry | semantical.geardown?0`"
Normally I can't bind right analog to retarder, so I think it should work for any command that don't accept axis input.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 60 57.1%