GTR2 to rFactor conversion help

I have tried to convert a nissan skyline dr30 from the touring car legends GTR2 mod to add onto rfactors touring car legends mod as the rfactor version did not have this car. Also this is private conversion.

Ive managed to convert the car and It all loads up in game just using physics nd sounds from another car for now.
The problem I have that I don't understand is that the tires are in the wrong place and maybe wrong size when loaded on a track as compared to the menu and when viewed in 3dsimed. Why is there a difference between the model and when loaded in game??

I should mention I have not viewed the car in gtr2 as I don't have gtr2, maybe that problem exists in gtr2 aswell? Regardless It still doesnt explain the difference between model and in game.

Where the Tires should be as shown in the model and in menu
1700181869282.png

When loaded up on a track, see how wheels are in a different place and more "tucked in"
1700182156329.png

I have tried to change the scale of the tires to see if that makes any changes and it doesnt.
Ive swaped out the tires from another car (nissan skyline r31) they load in but in the exact same place as the old wheels. I'm not sure why these wheels are like "snapping" to the same place.
Has anyone had this issue before and how do I fix this?

Also one other smaller problem I have is I don't know how to correctly set a pivot point on a angled steering wheel.

Thanks

Last edited:
It all loads up in game just using physics nd sounds from another car for now.

I'm not sure why these wheels are like "snapping" to the same place.

I believe the physics are going to move the wheels to match the wheelbase in your HDV and not your model. Edit the HDV & PM so they have the same wheelbase as your model, starting with the correct zero offset. You can find that info in the GTR2 physic files for this car (but I can't remember what the file extensions are).

Last edited:
Yep you are right, set the left and right wheelbases and front and rear wheel track to zero, wheels are now where they should be.
I didnt know the hdv file could alter the graphics but now I know.
Thanks
1700202664079.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back