Gtr2 ffb help ! (CSL DD)

manu68

Premium
Hi.
I have installed (again) GTR2 and the fantastic update available here at racedepartment.

I would like to rediscover this fantastic game i played a lot in the past, but unfortunetaly the game is just unplayable with my csl dd wheel.

I have of course tried all the ffb config i could find here, tried to start from zero with Julien Regnard guide but without any success.
I just got a wheel i can manipulate with just a finger, no rumble, about nothing except strange spring effect.
If i left the wheel alone on straight, it just rotates like crazy and i go directly into side wall !

This is not my style to ask for nothing, but i am really lost.
I probably makes something wrong.

I don´t need as superb ffb as rfactor 2 or acc, but just a kind of playable steering resistance and basic effects.
I know it is possible because i played gtr2 long tome ago with my g25, and it was superb !

Last edited:
Hi,
I am not sure what exactly is going on but I'll start with reassuring you that your wheel should work (I use DD1) in GTR2. Not only that, Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements plugin adds couple of FFB improvements, including FPS independent FFB and Real Feel Plugin support.

But of course, first step is to get basic FFB working. Try using CSL DD files from here:

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi this is what i have done first, but i will check again the link above. Thanks !!
But i am not sure about the fanatec profile to use with.

I precise that i have the disc version with the no cd .exe, and not steam version.
Then no crew chief in my case.

Last edited:

Hi this is what i have done first, but i will check again the link above. Thanks !!
But i am not sure about the fanatec profile to use with.

I precise that i have the disc version with the no cd .exe, and not steam version.
Then no crew chief in my case.
1668718402753.png

I have all effects/filters off. Note that stock GTR2 has 240 degree steering animation, so without CCGEP steering won't match physical wheel (unless you use 240deg lock to lock).

Also, some buttons on wheel may not be recognized by the game. For that I use Joy2Key to map buttons to keyboard, other than that it works perfectly (even dual clutch works). I do have some spikes very infrequently, but they are so rare that they don't bother me.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 65 57.0%