GTR2 Collision Fails

Ok first post (and maybe last since NoGrip Racing days) Sorry if its in the wrong place, time, year etc? I have been actively "Modding" in my own small way GTR2 for the last 8 years or so, and am still learning.
I notice recently on some of my Youtube Videos, that some cars are passing thru each other and there are (frustratingly) no Collisions? I search this forum and many others, but all i found so far is about track barriers and wall collisions related to the tracks? My Problem is "Car to car".
Something in the False/true cas maybee? I have no clues? Any help or links appreciated.
P/s Thanks for a great site.

I believe this involves the collision feelers and colltarget settings in the hdc and cas files, but I've not tinkered with these personally. Is the problem only in replays or when you are on track also?

Good, if it's in game also it's definitely in the physics files. (There are some graphics anomalies that only appear in replays, to my knowledge there's no solution because no one knows what causes them.)

The lines for the feelers are in most cars' files but are disabled in many. Consensus is racing is much better with them enabled but you need data from the 3d files to properly adjust them (probably why so many are disabled). Hopefully someone with more knowledge of he collision system can step in here.

do you need some mesh "CollTarget=True" (in .cas lines - look into a default car .cas file),
this model.gmt is usually a minimalist collision or shadow file.. i wouldn't use it in a high poly chassis for

Last edited:
OK Thanks guys, i had a suspicion it might be in the .cas files.
I had removed/ changed a lot of "reflection=true" to False etc. maybe i changed some wrong in there (you know, the bleary eyed 2am GTR2 modding syndrome"
will check em all and come back Thanks

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Forum trophies