GTR 2's Wrong Coefficient of Friction

Because those sims are representing different series, with different specs and regulations for the cars?
I'm not aware of the regulations of the GTR Evo cars, since they're all fictive liveries, do not represent any real racing series, and mostly are Race 07 counterparts of GTR2 cars. By following your logic, you're claiming that 2000s FIA GT cars, FIA historic GT cars of the 60s and 70s and even a BMW M3 E90 road car use the same regulations. That's right, UndertrayParams' spring and damper rates are also identical to GTR2's and GT Legends' in SimBin's BMW M3 Challenge game.

Like I mentioned before, I just brought up a matter for other users to investigate. I'm not interested in the discussion you're trying to bring about SimBin doing everything right for some obscure and unknown regulation. I've written enough info already for users to understand what to do about it, I have nothing more to add to this topic.

Gawd - I love GTR2. I love the passion people have for it. I'm fairly new to it but to me it's the best sim I've ever raced with so I follow everything about it now. I think with this setting change it may benefit formula cars. I read somewhere that everything in GTR2 and Race 07 had been designed at the detriment of formula racing if you like. And if you want to race formula then you should use its sister i.e. rfactor which is an all rounder in this regard apparently. Hence why these values may be different in rfactor as it is catering in its guise as an all rounder. Don't really know if this is right or wrong tbh.

Last edited:
By following your logic, you're claiming that 2000s FIA GT cars, FIA historic GT cars of the 60s and 70s and even a BMW M3 E90 road car use the same regulations.

Obviously I'm saying just the opposite. If you have the same type car running in WTCC and in FIA GT they will not be identical cars.

I think with this setting change it may benefit formula cars.
Would be especially interested what people think of this setting for F1 cars. In my plugin I already implemented DRS, Antistall, up to 7 seven different visual compounds (so soft/super soft/ultra soft all look different), overrev protection, rev-matching with per gear damage for pre-1989 cars, flat spots, dirt pickup and extra gears for modern F1. Now, working on making pit stop duration and rules (say, no refueling for some years) more configurable. Those improvements (and more to come) will hopefully make GTR2 better base for F1, but we also need to figure out better physics and especially, collision settings for F1 cars in GTR2.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back