1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT500 @ Suzuka Circuit - Sunday 14 October'

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Stuart Pocock, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock
    I'M BACK... Again :)

Event Format
    Practice: 19:15 GMT
    Qualifying: 19:30 GMT
    Race 1: 19:45 GMT

Track Settings
    Circuit - Suzuka Circuit
    Time Progression - 0
    Weather Changeability - 0

Event Settings
    Game Mode - Normal Race
    Laps – 20 Laps
    Start Type - Grid Start
    Grid Order – Race 1: Fastest First
    Boost - No
    Penalty - No
    Race Finish Delay - 60sec
    Automatic Race Start Cycle - Disabled
    Visible Damage - On
    Mechanical Damage - Light
    Slipstream Strength - Low
    Tyre/Fuel Depletion - On
    Grip Reduction - Real

Regulation Settings
    Performance Points- 600
    Tyre Restrictions – Racing Soft
    Vehicle Tuning - Prohibited
    Skid Recovery Force - Off
    Driving Line - Off
    Traction Control - Off
    Active Steering - Off
    ABS - Off - 1
    ASM - Off
    Transmission - MT/AT

- Do not leave the track once Qualifying has started.
    - The Qualifying Session will be 15 Minutes long. Come to the pits once the chequered flag is out.
    - Between Practice and Qualifying, I will "reset" the track.
    - Drivers are allowed to swap tyres during Qualifying, however this must be done in a pitstop.
    - If the grid is not correct for the race, I will call a formation lap and all drivers must go to the correct position. A manual single file rolling start will commence when the leader accelerates out of the final corner.
    - If you make a pitstop, you are allowed to change tyres and add fuel.
    - Before the event, clear your cache in GT5 Settings (Settings, Miscellaneous and Network) and then restart your PS3. This is not mandatory but it will help you.
    - I will be on Teamspeak before, during and after the event. It is easier for me to pass information on Teamspeak rather than the PS3.

Remember to send me a friend request on PSN. My PSN is Stu99man

You need to be a licensed member to take part in the event.

To sign up, post a comment below in the correct format:
    Name:
    PSN:
    I understand the rules and regulations:

Entry List
    1- Stuart Pocock- Stu999man
    2- Rui F. Martins- PSN:Rfm577
    3- Gareth Fisher- mrMicawber
    4- giorgos martiou- eddie-volos- No Show
    5-
    6-
    7-
    8-
    9-
    10-
    11-
    12-
    13-
    14-
    15-

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

Name:Rui F. Martins
    PSN:Rfm577
    I understand the rules and regulations:Yes

• Like Like x 2
  3. Name:Gareth Fisher
    PSN:mrMicawber
    I understand the rules and regulations:Yes

• Like Like x 1
  4. Name giorgos martiou
    PSN eddie-volos
    Iunderstand the rules and regulations YES

5. Hi Stu
    Tuning = No, does this mean we can't make any tweaks even if it stays under the 600pp ?
    Cheers
    Gareth

6. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Oil change and that's it

7. ok, was just having a play with downforce

8. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Lobby is up and running

• Like Like x 1
  9. What happened boys, was is the dreaded diconnections? That was a really enjoyable race in parts. Funny how racing bumber to bumber can make you forget about braking for corners - think that happened to Stu and myself a couple of times - quite funny. :thumbsup:
    Cheers gents - shame we couldn't have completed.

10. What happened Giorgos ? Was looking forward to another car on track!

11. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

I got disconected on lap 17 or 18, it was a shame, i was really enjoying the race, especially after pitting, the car was felling really great with soft tires.
    I started on pole after Gareth exiting after to the lobby, i had a good start, then Gareth passed both me and Stuart, but Gareth spun in front of me and i passed him, after some time Stuart almost spun behind me and o was able to pull away a bit more, but there were troubles ahead and i ended up spinning on the "spoon" corner, i was passed by both Gareth and Stuart. I went on with the race, some more mistakes were made by all of us allowing for some overtakes making this an exciting race. Around lap 7 or 8 Stuart was disconected(?) and there were only me and Gareth left, on lap 10 (i think) Gareth was rigth in front of me and pitted, i went on and gained some times, but 2 or 3 laps after Gareth caugth me and passed me, i pitted at the end of lap 15, because i was losing a lot of time. In the pits i choosed to change to soft tires, since there were only 5 laps to the end. After pitting i was 44sec. behind Gareth, but my car was feeling very good :) , i was able to gain a lot of time, after 2 laps i had closed the gap to 35sec:rolleyes: . but shortly after that i suffered a disconection.:cry:
    This was a great race, i can't wait to the league to start and race with some more cars on track (hopefully with more disconections).:whistling:
    Congratulations to both Gareth and Stuart for the race, it was really enjoyable despite the disconections. Thank you for the race :thumbsup:

12. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Unfortunatly it's when you forget about braking is when incidents happen.

I know, I had a message saying disconnected from the sever but I was still in the server :) altough i couldn't do anything

13. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

ussualy when i'm following too close to the car in front of me i use to go were he goes, if he stays on track i stay behind him, if he goes out i follow him :D

14. Apparently there have been a few issues recently so hopefully after the scheduled down time they will fix it.

15. A question Gents - when you chat in the lobby sometimes it blanks out your comment i.e. *******. What is that? (it's not as if expletives are being used!)

16. Yeap - if you rely on the other guy to break on time you are in trouble. I guess experience is the only way to counter those kind of mistakes. :geek:

17. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

It means that a word is censored, I know it is stupid as qualification is censored

18. I think 'disconnected' is censored then - maybe pd have a guilty conscience!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Haha, that's another word to add to the ever growing list :)

20. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

it also happened to me more than once having a normal word replaced with *********, i don't know why this happens with ussual words :confused: