AC GT3 @ Vallelunga - Sun 25 May 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
D

Deleted member 151827

• Deleted member 151827

Argh. It show still another hour of booking. I thought it was up till 10 pm edt?

D

Deleted member 151827

• Deleted member 151827

Good stuff! Was a blast running with you guys again! :) Can't wait for the next one.

zAmboni

Moving bollard
Good race tonight! Although I hate the twisty parts, I do kinda like the rest of the track since it is forgiving for mistakes with plenty of runoff areas. I liked that I hung in there at the beginning, until a bobble at the turn after the second straight.

After the tires started to go, I got a little hesitant in fear of spinning out and almost let Doug get me at the end.

Thanks for the setup. I have to take a look. I really don't know anything about setups for cars and I need to learn just what does what. Before the race I d/l a setup and it felt good enough, but it may have led me to chew up the tires pretty quickly though.

tEWPD7l.jpg

zAmboni

Moving bollard
I was running whatever was default for the car. I didn't have anything toggled on from the assist menu in the launcher...although I have always been kinda confused about the levels of assists and such, and what is default for each car.

I was just looking at the replay and that warp thing with Chris in the second lap was just weird. It looked like Chris just slowed to a crawl, then it looked like Doug hit him and Chris looked like he started to spin and then suddenly the car just warped away.

I think the exact thing happened last night to me and Casey Weston. It looked like he unnaturally slowed going into the chicane, I tapped him from behind, but instead of warping away, I think the server decided that the hit was real and wiped both of us out.

From the replay, twice I was on Saleem's tail but I wasn't in a position to carry the momentum. Then the next lap, my tires suddenly went off the cliff and I had an off....maybe next time ;)

D

Deleted member 151827

• Deleted member 151827

I use cntl t and cntl a to turn them off so i was not using aids. Not sure where you see that i was?

Leemstradamus

Mid pack attack!
It may not show what we actually run in the replay. I set mine to only allow what the car allows in real life. So I run with ABS but no TC.

The more I think back to this race, even though the grid wasn't full, it was everything I could wish for from the game and the community. It was amazing fun to crack jokes and hangout and learn to get better. No one came in with ego about helping each other. It was really everything I love about our community! Great fun and we had some close racing until some of us hit our consistency level. We are still learning and will only get better with these events.

I implore anyone lurking around to come and check it out in person. Speed or pace isn't a factor. It's all about good fun and learning and testing out what you have learned in a nice length event. Thanks again for such an amazing evening!

I use cntl t and cntl a to turn them off so i was not using aids. Not sure where you see that i was?
Hi Doug - when I scroll through the cars in the replay it looks like it shows what each car is running ie ABS, TC. They do look greyed out though. Just noted it because my car only showed ABS. Anyone seeing anything different for each car?

Maybe it's a bug in the replay file as Saleem states. Rather hilarious watching cars with high ping values in the replay file too, jitterbugging around the track.

I normally run with all aids turned off.

Food for thought...

Might be a good idea to specify what aids we should be running in the race descriptions? Or what the cars are allowed to run in real life? And what level low, medium, high.

Or that we should use one of the profiles ie Pro, Gamer etc.

Another suggestion, maybe these races should be with fixed/default setups too?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • €3001-5000