AC GT3 @ Monza - Sun 1 June (PDT)

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Nice one Michael! I just have to learn, stay on the track and good things will happen :). Also, I need not to go all conservative because bad things happen also!

594ccB9.jpg

haha thanks :) for the majority I had no opponents so my goal was just to be consistent and stay focussed. Paid off :) was unfortunate both you and fernando went off, as you guys were way further than me for most of the race.

EDIT: oh yeah, BMW POWERRR

It was nerve-wracking at the beginning of the race because Fernando was constantly in my mirror and I was maybe too cautious because of trying not to make a mistake and the car being heavy because of fuel.

I just looked at the video of my screwup and my rear left tire had just dropped to 97% about 10 sec earlier with the others at 98%, that may have been enough to cause me to lose it :/

It was nerve-wracking at the beginning of the race because Fernando was constantly in my mirror and I was maybe too cautious because of trying not to make a mistake and the car being heavy because of fuel.

I just looked at the video of my screwup and my rear left tire had just dropped to 97% about 10 sec earlier with the others at 98%, that may have been enough to cause me to lose it :/

that's unfortunate :( I guess putting 9 degrees in then rear wing paid off too :D

Thought I was being too conservative, I loaded up the car telemetry into Race Studio, and it appears that last lap I braked over 20m earlier, and not as hard and ended up having more speed into that corner. Forget the tires, it was just a screw up on my part

No more being conservative!

It was a little fun just watching through the AC replay file. I would get a good corner and open up a little gap, then I catch a chicane curb, and Fernando catches up. It is going to be more interesting when they implement drafting effects in MP. I am pretty sure he would have passed me at one or two places if it was properly working.

I can't lie it's getting frustrating getting hit on the first lap but it was a ton of fun as usual racing with you all. I'm still having a tuff time getting used to the lack of grip on my left rear half way through the race. It caught me bad in the last GT3 race at Mugello also.

How much wing did you set on your car Fred? I used 3 and changed the gearing so I was redlining at about 265 at the end of the front straight. You seemed to be much faster on the straights and better on the acceleration.

I am pretty sure that I had front splitter at 1 and rear at 6. I dropped it down to 5 for my last qualifying run though. It didn't feel as right when I dropped the wing to 4, and I may only have gained 0.1s on the front straight with lower wing. It wasn't enough to give up stability for speed for me :).

As for the gearing. I bumped up 6th gear so I wouldnt redline so easily. It may have cost me some with a full fuel load, but would help later on when you would redline and I wouldn't. I also dropped 2nd gear down a notch because it was slightly too long of a gear to get me through the first chicane. I could get around that second turn in the chicane faster and then get on the gas sooner. That second chicane I kept goofing up all the time and allow you to close :).

Thing about the lower wing, yea it may make someone faster in the straight, but what good is it when you lose the same amount of time (or more) on exit of the previous corner?

I've attached a copy of my setup if you want to take a look

Attachments

• mp4_monza_race.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 261
I am pretty sure that I had front splitter at 1 and rear at 6. I dropped it down to 5 for my last qualifying run though. It didn't feel as right when I dropped the wing to 4, and I may only have gained 0.1s on the front straight with lower wing. It wasn't enough to give up stability for speed for me :).

As for the gearing. I bumped up 6th gear so I wouldnt redline so easily. It may have cost me some with a full fuel load, but would help later on when you would redline and I wouldn't. I also dropped 2nd gear down a notch because it was slightly too long of a gear to get me through the first chicane. I could get around that second turn in the chicane faster and then get on the gas sooner. That second chicane I kept goofing up all the time and allow you to close :).

Thing about the lower wing, yea it may make someone faster in the straight, but what good is it when you lose the same amount of time (or more) on exit of the previous corner?

I've attached a copy of my setup if you want to take a look
Thanks Fred I'll look at it when I get home and compare to the few things I changed on mine.

I was running my wing at 5 I think and it may have cost me with the stability. I really am going to have to sit down and do a full race length practice and see how I'm reacting to the tire temperature at different PSI throughout the race.

@Fred Locklear how do you do that with Race Studio? I have been wanting a telemetry program so I can study where am I starting to get inconsistent.

As usual the amount of detail this sim has in its early stages is mind blowing!

Interesting Fred. I lowered 3rd and 4th to optimize the lesmos section. I think I set 6th a bit short, but not sure as I did not try to increase it. I should probably had decrease 2nd. I was ok with it through the first chicane, but I may not have a good acceleration at the exit.

Yes, second chicane is very tricky, you have to really turn to much on the first part to have a better gap for the second.

@Saleem Hodge There was a thread in the AC forums about using Race Studio a while ago. Open File>Import Netkar file and then navigate to [user]/My Documents/Asseto Corsa/aim and choose telemetry_dump.nkt. Choose a filename to save it as, and hit OK on the next dialog and you should be fine. For races, it has all of the laps from the race/practice/qualifying.

One thing to note, you need to do this before even watching a replay file in AC, if you watch a replay file, it will clear out the telemetry_dump.nkt file.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%