AC GT3 Endurance @ Paul Ricard - Saturday October 24th 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Cool :)
had a fairly clean race but Messed up my pit stop and never changed tires (is it possible to practice them offline ?)

You were using the pit app right? Before the race I downloaded the pit app and gave it a try and it also didn't change the tires. I was looking around earlier to see why it didn't seem to work and I think I have it figured out. The app just basically replicated key presses that you would use while you are in game. (i.e. if you choose medium tires the app says cursor click on x,y coordinates).

What I *think* happened is that the server was setup for only soft and medium tires (instead of S, M, H tires). I *think* when that happens, the menu has the tire choices in different places and the app just clicks in the wrong place.

Unfortunately, you can only really test the app during an online race. And to see if it works right for a race like this one that had a tire limitation, is to test it on an online race with a tire limitation.

What I think would have worked is this: In the pits, when the pit menu pops up, choose the tires (in the AC menu not the pit app) and then hit the hotkey. Yea it kinda defeats part of the purpose of the app, but it still would take less time than trying to fumble around putting in the right amount of fuel in.

---As for the race, Qualifying sucked. I tried two stints on softs but they overheated and my back came out both times going around the fast right hander. I had to put mediums on just to get a qualifying time in.

Was cautious at the start and got passed anyways because of cold tires. Gained because of spins and attrition, Because the tires didnt change, I went ahead and did a second pit to change tires because I was too tired and didn't want to fight the car around with severely worn tires. Otherwise I may have finished 3rd.

I still haven't really figured out this track. I am horrible around the hairpins and still don't know the fastest lines. Watching other ppl may help some, but The only way I found I knew I could gain time is seeing whether the guy behind me closed up severely.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%