GT3 AMG vs 488 behaviour as AI on mod track

Random thing. I've been working on a review of the Ferraris and part of it was setting up some AI races. I was trying to use the time acceleration option when adding practice and quali in the hope that it might help improve AI behaviour in the actual race. Well we can dream can't we?

Anyway I was using Watkins Glen mod from the Workshop (the "International" one that is a conversion of the original by ilSki for AC) and I noticed that the AMG GT3 in particular kept spinning out.

I tried running a practice session with either only the Ferrari 488 GT3 as AI or only the AMG. The Ferrari, 20 AI, made their way around without issue. Where as the AMG repeatedly spun out.

I thought it odd and since I've seen references to the FFB being wrong on the AMG I was wondering is there something fundamentally wrong with it.

Now the circuit is third-party and I haven't checked all cars, I think the 911 GT3 was also prone to spinning out, as was the LMP2 Oreca. But I just thought it was odd so I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Ok so I tried to validate this using both S397 tracks and mods.
On Watkins Glen both the AMG and the 911 GT# spin out. All other GT3 do not appear to do so.
On Limerock Park, which I think is ISI originally but updated there were some spin outs but not no many as I expected.
On Sebring the AMG appeared to run fine.
I wanted to include Watkins Glen in a video on the Ferrari so I'll run practice and quali with time accelerated and if the AMG and 911 spin out (which they more than likely will) I'll make a note of it
:D

The majority of times these Ai issues i corrected by giving them a better setup. In the case at Portland there needs to be corrections into T-1, T-11, T-12 since the AI usually use far too much curb/rumble. Plus, i believe a improved block line would prove to be beneficial too.

Increasing the spacing between the pitboxes is needed by some car types like Indy which would require a reduced number of pitboxes or better would be to add a second AIW Indy addition including a specific Indy fastline. I plan to correct issues or improvements for my offline pleasures since it's one of my favorite circuits.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 85 90.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 30.9%