GT Omega botched the keyboard tray

This is the PRIME Keyboard Tray. Drilled holes are not even remotely in the correct location! The holes should align with the outer holes on the arm.

I've sent their US support an email asking for a remedy and we'll see how well they respond.
1670363319384.jpeg

Last edited:
Round 1 of the keyboard tray support fight is finished, with GT-Omega customer support scoring -3 points. Their polite follow-up email asked for the order number (it was in the subject line & quoted email of the original order), my contact information (also in the quoted email), and a picture of the problem (also in the email).

Due to the lack of reading comprehension, I can only surmise that "Connor" is a bot. I'll go along for round 2, but my confidence in GT-Omega corporate capabilities is rapidly declining.

Round 2, GT Omega moves their score to the positive side. They will be shipping me another Prime keyboard tray. Shipping from the UK, because none are in stock in the US.

Reading between the lines, it sounds suspiciously like they have a batch of misdrilled keyboard trays because, surely, I didn't order the last one residing in the US?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1066209

I'm glad to hear that GT Omega provided a solution for you. I didn't think it was possible to botch a keyboard tray prior to opening this thread, and admit to being hilariously entertained after seeing your photograph.

Package tracking indicates the keyboard tray made it to the east coast USA on Dec 18 after having been picked up in Glasgow on Dec 12.

Hurray! The replacement keyboard tray, with properly drilled holes, arrived at 3p today and 45 minutes later it was assembled & installed on my cockpit. It assembles & installs much more quickly than 45 minutes, but it took me 3 tries to find the right place for it.

YouTube reviews accurately describe the pros and cons of this articulated keyboard tray. Since it was intended to also be used as a mouse tray, it is much wider than I need and I'll be cutting it down tomorrow. Sure is nice to have a better typing surface than my lap!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea