GT Challenge - Content Required?

Hi all

As I understand it we no longer have to own all the cars to participate in a online hosted race.

In a series like the RF 2 GT Challenge, do you need to own all the tracks up front in order to participate?

I own the Long Beach track being used for the qualifying but wanted to purchase the other tracks that will be run in the series when they are run? It keeps telling me I need to subscribe to to the content, so do you need to own all the tracks up front?

Thanks

• Spectating. As long as you have the content installed, you can spectate a race even if you don’t own any of the content in use.
  • Driving. You may only drive cars you own, and cannot driver swap into an unowned car. Cars you race against (AI or multiplayer) must be installed, but you don’t need to own them. You must own the circuit on which you race.
  • The simulation will show you which cars you do not own upon joining a server, these will be greyed out.

Last edited:
I think the last hotfix may have addressed that. If you get the message in future sign-ups, use the in-game menu to look at what you have installed.
Content & Settings/Manage Content/ then look at all the tabs, even local content to see if any of the required cars & tracks are either not installed or only partially installed.

You must own all the tracks to actually drive online. You CAN spectate at tracks you do not own.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.