Grand Prix 4 Formula One Season 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
2006 Bahrain Grand Prix Qualifying
BHR Q.PNG

It was a well-known face at P1 for the season opener as Utzer put his Renault at pole position followed by Sigoulakis. Former Ferrari teammates Buurlage and Engberink line up on the second row closely followed by Lutz and Goddard in P5 and P6 respectively. Martins dropped 2 tenths on his teammate but still qualified 7th with Laskey right behind him. Laad will be disappointed with 9th and Lintner completes the top 10.​

2006 Bahrain Grand Prix

BHR R.PNG

It was an eventful first grand prix with lots of excitement and high hopes for a lot of teams. The Renault drivers made a very good start and soon they had p1 and p3 being split by Sigoulakis. Very soon in the race the first retirement of the season came by the name of Laad, retiring with a burned engine. Jumping right to the end of the race Sigoulakis cruised home the victory for the Toyota team with Lintner putting the pressure on him late in the race, but not enough, p2 for him. Poulsen performed a masterclass to put his MF1 on the podium from all the way down in P21! The Renault drivers lost ground come the end of the race which eventually resulted in a p4 and p6 for both gentlemen. They got split by Aaron Reed who also performed a good recovery drive after starting 17th. Brown and Lutz completed the points scoring positions. A tough day in the office for the likes of BMW Sauber, Super Aguri and McLaren, with neither drivers able to finish in the points or even make the finish.

@the_sigman Congratulations on the victory, what was the key today with your battle against the Renault's?
@Márk Lintner Disappointed you couldn't convert your end-of-race pace into a p1 or are you more than happy with 2nd?
@airutonpurosuto8912 Explain to us how the pace was lacking during qualifying, but suddenly was there during the race?

A new feature I'm looking to add is Driver of the Day where everyone votes who they thought was Driver of the Day. The one who gets voted winner, receives 10 skill of choice for the next race. You can only vote for a driver once, so for example if you vote Poulsen as the driver of the day, you can't vote for him again. I'll keep track of everyone's votes so that everything runs fair and square.​

Last edited:
2006 Bahrain Grand Prix

View attachment 195887

It was an eventful first grand prix with lots of excitement and high hopes for a lot of teams. The Renault drivers made a very good start and soon they had p1 and p3 being split by Sigoulakis. Very soon in the race the first retirement of the season came by the name of Laad, retiring with a burned engine. Jumping right to the end of the race Sigoulakis cruised home the victory for the Toyota team with Lintner putting the pressure on him late in the race, but not enough, p2 for him. Poulsen performed a masterclass to put his MF1 on the podium from all the way down in P21! The Renault drivers lost ground come the end of the race which eventually resulted in a p4 and p6 for both gentlemen. They got split by Aaron Reed who also performed a good recovery drive after starting 17th. Brown and Lutz completed the points scoring positions. A tough day in the office for the likes of BMW Sauber, Super Aguri and McLaren, with neither drivers able to finish in the points or even make the finish.

@the_sigman Congratulations on the victory, what was the key today with your battle against the Renault's?
@Márk Lintner Disappointed you couldn't convert your end-of-race pace into a p1 or are you more than happy with 2nd?
@airutonpurosuto8912 Explain to us how the pace was lacking during qualifying, but suddenly was there during the race?

A new feature I'm looking to add is Driver of the Day where everyone votes who they think was Driver of the Day, the one who got voted winner, receives 10 skill of choice for the next race. You can only vote for a driver once, so for example if you vote Poulsen was the driver of the day, you can't vote for him again. I'll keep track of everyone's votes so that everything runs fair and square.​

We are nothappy because 1 car did not finished and we can't celebrate the second place

welp, at least I finished :coffee:

A new feature I'm looking to add is Driver of the Day where everyone votes who they think was Driver of the Day, the one who got voted winner, receives 10 skill of choice for the next race. You can only vote for a driver once, so for example if you vote Poulsen was the driver of the day, you can't vote for him again. I'll keep track of everyone's votes so that everything runs fair and square.
For this season already?

A new feature I'm looking to add is Driver of the Day where everyone votes who they think was Driver of the Day, the one who got voted winner, receives 10 skill of choice for the next race. You can only vote for a driver once, so for example if you vote Poulsen was the driver of the day, you can't vote for him again. I'll keep track of everyone's votes so that everything runs fair and square.​
lol no
If it ain't broken, don't fix it. Which on that matter, that was a lot of stuttering, is it just PC, or maybe need to get a better balance on the programs you're using?

lol no
If it ain't broken, don't fix it. Which on that matter, that was a lot of stuttering, is it just PC, or maybe need to get a better balance on the programs you're using?
Weird the game ran smoothly when I recorded it. But I'm going to try it on the pc downstairs next time which is a lot better than the laptop I used this time.

Weird the game ran smoothly when I recorded it. But I'm going to try it on the pc downstairs next time which is a lot better than the laptop I used this time.
Yeah, I just thought that it was completely different to GPTCC that you did ages ago, I'd love to be able to help (as much as I don't think I can) and not just sit here complaining.

Yeah, I just thought that it was completely different to GPTCC that you did ages ago, I'd love to be able to help (as much as I don't think I can) and not just sit here complaining.
Haha my laptop slowed down over the years I guess, although it probably has to do with the recording program. Like I mentioned the game ran fine, I appreciate your help though I think there's no way you can.

• Deleted member 161052

@airutonpurosuto8912 Explain to us how the pace was lacking during qualifying, but suddenly was there during the race?​
The team picked out a setup which didn't go to plan, which they later realised that they have picked the wrong one. In the race, I pushed hard in the last few laps and then got the final podium spot. That battle between me and Utzer was probably the highlight of the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%