gRally 3.jpg

Some new footage of the gRally PC simulation has been released by the developers, showcasing a section of the WIP Akagi fantasy rally stage in car.

For those of you who are maybe unfamiliar with the proposed gRally game, the title has been developed over a number of years behind closed doors by the same people who brought you the incredibly popular Richard Burns Rally Online.it and aims to become a serious hard core rally simulation that strongly supports community modding capability.

Although we have know about this project since as early as 2011, very little public information has been released with regards to the sim as the small development group continue to work in the background to expand the Unity based software towards a public release.

Following the recent appeal for Steam Greenlight votes, a process which was a resounding success and has led to the title receiving Greenlight approval from Valve, many fans have requested the developers release footage of the game from behind the wheel of one of the cars.

To satisfy community requests the team have released a short video of almost a minute and a half in length driving one of their vehicles on the still work in progress Akagi rally stage, a fairly slow tarmac stage winding through what one assumes judging by the name to be a Japanese hillside. You can see the on board footage below:

With Steam Greenlight status now granted for this new rally game in remains to be seen what the plans are for the developers going forward. With development already in at least it's sixth year one should expect the majority of the heavy lifting has already been undertaken by the studio, and with their previous success modding the venerable Richard Burns Rally title it would be a fool who bets against this title becoming an instant classic with rally fans once it hits our shelves in the next few months.

About the game:

• gRally is an Indie project born of the passion of the rbr-online.it team crew.
    With its slogan #DreamExperienceBelieve the team has put full faith in this product, the fruit of hard work in free time, wich it now offers to entire community of rally simmers.

• gRally is not in a position to have official licenses at the moment and its starting point is a limited number of racing cars.

• gRally, considered its Indie character, is modding-oriented. We developed integrated Unity tools that will facilitate the insertion of your creations, whether it be additional cars or tracks.

• gRally has the same basic ideas of rbr-online, so expect exceptional doses of adrenaline during online session where one can compete against a host of players around the world.

• gRally is abreast with all new gaming hardware: VR, TrackIR and multiscreen. It is possible to use the most popular brands of steering wheels and a vast number of home-made hardware devices.

• gRally recreates the range of real rally conditions that drivers must face, including various type of surface and climate as well as diffenet times of day and night.

• gRally places much importance on the co-driver's role: as in a real rally it will be possible to realize real recce to set down customized pacenotes in order to achieve a higher degree of driving confidence and speed.

• gRally is constantly evolving and has need of your support to improve ever more day by day.
gRally is a PC exclusive rally game that is planned for release via the Steam Network.

gRally 1.jpg
gRally 2.jpg
gRally 4.jpg

You can find all the latest news and discussions regarding this new sim in our dedicated gRally Sub Forum right here at RaceDepartment. If and when the game receives 'greenlight' status head back over for racing events and mod downloads too!

Are you looking forward to gRally? Did you vote for the sim on Steam Greenlight? Will this be a title you would look to purchase once it reaches release stage? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Are you looking forward to gRally?

Kind of.

Did you vote for the sim on Steam Greenlight?

Yup.

Will this be a title you would look to purchase once it reaches release stage?

Sort of.

Are you looking forward to gRally?

Absolutely, I am looking forward to all new car racing sims and futhermore gRally is related to the popular Richard Burns Rally

Did you vote for the sim on Steam Greenlight?

Yes

Probably, I will just wait for the first feedbacks from the sim community

1.Are you looking forward to gRally?

Definitely

2.Did you vote for the sim on Steam Greenlight?

Yes

I hope so. I hope I'll be able to turn down theme music. And have proper loose surfaces.

I voted for gRally, yes. After seeing all the videos, however, I'm not sure if I'll be purchasing it. Neither am I convinced by the physics, nor do I have any idea what the FFB is like. Gotta keep that refund button within the reach.
I hope it's just me, and the resulting product will turn out as a great sim.

I voted yes, I am curious what will be final product, not sure if I buy it straigh away, probably I will wait and after the players feedback I purchase it. Also another factor for me will be how developers can talk to their community and how they listen to them, for example like reiza studios.

If this game turns out to be good, I no longer have to worry about downloading hundreds of archives split into parts to get RSRBR running and content complete. Especially since download speeds are mostly horrendous in my area.

Plus it should keep me getting my rally fix when DiRT 4's content wears out.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Are you looking forward to gRally? Did you vote for the sim on Steam Greenlight? Will this be a title you would look to purchase once it reaches release stage? Let us know in the comments section below!

Somewhat looking forward to it. I voted yes but am not holding my breath given the trend of racing games in the past few years. The purchase will depend on the game itself.

If this game turns out to be good, I no longer have to worry about downloading hundreds of archives split into parts to get RSRBR running and content complete. Especially since download speeds are mostly horrendous in my area.

Plus it should keep me getting my rally fix when DiRT 4's content wears out.
RSRBR is not the best way to get RBR running. Better try the Czech plugin coupled with NGP.

Voted yes but I have no intention of buying it, if they are going to add old dated rFactor content. What the hell are they thinking, it cost them just to get this game on steam, so I would suggest they really take on talented people from the modding community to create rally/hill climb content for them, first call should be the Sim Traxx team, plus in their preview videos we've not seen a single pace note been called out.
With Dirt 4 just around the corner, and users will be able to share their own created dirt 4 tracks, with friends, gRally could die before it even pull off from the start line, with such a small team at least consider talking to the Sim Traxx team to help create content.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 167 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 70 36.6%