Giving iRacing a second look?

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
With iRacing getting AI I am considering to reactivate my account when that time comes. Have you given iRacing a second chance by reactivating an account and what has been your experience the second time around?

It looks to me like you get very few SR points for droning around at the back. You need to place well and stay out of trouble unless you want to run a lot of races to slowly crawl up to 3.0. I don't have time for that unfortunately, but if I get back into iRacing, I will definitely give it a try.

SR doesn't care about where you finish, it only cares about how many incidents you incur per corners taken. If you've not had many clean laps (i.e. not hitting anything or going off track) in your last couple races then your SR won't increase much for a clean race because it's an average taken over many races/corners.

Well my month long re-acquaintance with iRacing came and went and I think I will wait for AI to continue the subscription.
It was fun to drive Mosport, Sebring, Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta that my favorite sim does not have on offer.
Funny how as time goes by you seem to forget some of the bad things and exaggerate the positive ones. Although the quality of the tracks are second to none.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.