• "Slow and steady finishes the race. Fast and steady wins the race." - Sean Rogers.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Download failed

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Mightymoff, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Mightymoff

Mightymoff

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

When trying to download anyone elses ghost i get the following message "Ghost Download failed. One or more of your selected ghosts has failed to download."

This is a new development, a I never used to have this problem. I dont recall making any changes that could possibly relate to this error. Microsoft live network connection status is "moderate", and I am running PFsense for connection.

Any thoughts to help me trouble shoot this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Chris Preston

Chris Preston

Ratings:
    +101
    Recently my GFWL won't even sign me in so you getting moderate tells me at least I'm not the only one with this error. I haven't tried troubleshooting this at all since I haven't had the need to be in any multi races recently but I have one theory, are you using xfire ingame with F1 2011? Because I never had that problem until xfire recognized F1 2011 so it could be interfering with GFWL. Just a thought.

3. Mightymoff

Mightymoff

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chris. I tried time trial with cross fire disabled and still had the same issue.

Appreciate the suggestion.

4. Chris Preston

Chris Preston

Ratings:
    +101
    lol took me a second to realize your mis-understanding, but i mean xfire as in the program xfire, www.xfire.com which is commonly used by gamers so communicate with other gamers while in-game.

5. M@gik

M@gik
    Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Ghost Download failed

Day after day I discover and have problems ... you are not alone.
    Yesterday, I had no problem...Today, i have a problem...
    It is the server, not a problem occurred during the night ... no ghost has damaged our computers, your game while we slept ...
    I feel that more you play, more bugs are auto-generates by f1 2011.
    Designers, developers tend to take the players to laboratory rats.
    Codemasters has to wake up soon ...

6. Mightymoff

Mightymoff

Ratings:
    +0
    Further to this, I have now configured pfsense correctly which allows Microsoft live to have a nat type of "open", and also ha upnp active and in use.

Would anyone recommend a re-install? I dont have any other problems with the game, and this is really annoying me. Im never going to know where my mate is faster on track without his ghost :)

7. davetits

davetits

Ratings:
    +0
    hows it goin lads? jst thought id let ya kno im havin the same problem on the ps3 version. gettin the same message - "Ghost download failed. one or more....."

8. John Robertson

John Robertson

Ratings:
    +64
    As far as i know this problem happened after the game got patched, I can't download any ghosts either

9. fordprefect123

fordprefect123

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here, wonder if its server side?

10. John Robertson

John Robertson

Ratings:
    +64
    it must be server side, and cross platform apparently.

Optimistically they could have taken the ghosts server down until they fix the corner cutting, dropped sectors, and 11/11 problems with TT.

11. Nick Karshev

Nick Karshev

Ratings:
    +8
    I guess it is bug
    I tried with my friend, we both on PC .. we both were online .. and still 'Download Failed"