1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Download failed

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Mightymoff, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Hi All

When trying to download anyone elses ghost i get the following message "Ghost Download failed. One or more of your selected ghosts has failed to download."

This is a new development, a I never used to have this problem. I dont recall making any changes that could possibly relate to this error. Microsoft live network connection status is "moderate", and I am running PFsense for connection.

Any thoughts to help me trouble shoot this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Recently my GFWL won't even sign me in so you getting moderate tells me at least I'm not the only one with this error. I haven't tried troubleshooting this at all since I haven't had the need to be in any multi races recently but I have one theory, are you using xfire ingame with F1 2011? Because I never had that problem until xfire recognized F1 2011 so it could be interfering with GFWL. Just a thought.

3. Thanks Chris. I tried time trial with cross fire disabled and still had the same issue.

Appreciate the suggestion.

4. lol took me a second to realize your mis-understanding, but i mean xfire as in the program xfire, www.xfire.com which is commonly used by gamers so communicate with other gamers while in-game.

5. M@gik

M@gik
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Ghost Download failed

Day after day I discover and have problems ... you are not alone.
    Yesterday, I had no problem...Today, i have a problem...
    It is the server, not a problem occurred during the night ... no ghost has damaged our computers, your game while we slept ...
    I feel that more you play, more bugs are auto-generates by f1 2011.
    Designers, developers tend to take the players to laboratory rats.
    Codemasters has to wake up soon ...

6. Further to this, I have now configured pfsense correctly which allows Microsoft live to have a nat type of "open", and also ha upnp active and in use.

Would anyone recommend a re-install? I dont have any other problems with the game, and this is really annoying me. Im never going to know where my mate is faster on track without his ghost :)

7. hows it goin lads? jst thought id let ya kno im havin the same problem on the ps3 version. gettin the same message - "Ghost download failed. one or more....."

8. As far as i know this problem happened after the game got patched, I can't download any ghosts either

9. Same here, wonder if its server side?

10. it must be server side, and cross platform apparently.

Optimistically they could have taken the ghosts server down until they fix the corner cutting, dropped sectors, and 11/11 problems with TT.

11. I guess it is bug
    I tried with my friend, we both on PC .. we both were online .. and still 'Download Failed"