General Question About In-Game Settings for DD Wheels

Just got my first DD wheel (Logi G Pro), migrating from a TS PC-Racer. I'm looking for some guidance on which in-game settings to tweak in order to get the most out of this wheel.

I know that each sim is different, so I'm not necessarily looking for specifics for individual titles at this point. Rather, I'm looking for general starting points. I would prefer keeping the wheels controls/options constant and tweak in-game settings instead.

Can anyone help me get started in maximizing what I get out of this new wheel?

Thanks!

Hmmm......No responses to this? Maybe you all want to keep your settings secret? ;)

I just want to know general info for example: Should I set steering saturation with a DD wheel higher or lower than for a belt driven wheel? What about self-centering force? Wheel sensitivity? Minimum FF setting?, Gain?, Damping? etc, etc, etc.

Just general guidelines to get me started. Not looking for anyone to violate any non-disclosure agreements here. :D

Thanks!

PXL_20220926_010835683.jpg
not sure this will help but my AMS2 settings for a simagic alpha mini. They are close in terms of power tho so maybe

The list of recommended settings on our site also includes details of what each setting on the wheel does.

TL;DR -
  • Set the Strength to where you're comfortable with it for the game you're playing.
  • Set TF Audio to where you're getting the additional info that it provides without overriding the experience (only applies to Trueforce-support games, of course)
  • Set Filter to 11 by default and then adjust down if you want it "rawer" - any higher than 11 and it will get very smooth. Too high and it will feel quite damped.
  • Dampener is set based on personal feel, to be honest. Generally try and keep it as low as possible.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.