Resource icon

Other Gedinne AIW 2020-04-12

Login or Register an account to download this content
Salvatore Sirignano submitted a new resource:

Gedinne AIW - Better but not perfect AIW file

Twenty or so AIW files later, and with a lot of testing I got the AI down from a 1:33.5 down to a 1:31.3 (F Classic, 107% difficulty)
Some corners are unfixable in that I think the AI cars leave contact with the ground for a split second, and it spooks them into not taking the corner at correct racing speed (The slow right handers, last slow left hander) Without starting it from scratch in rfactor this is as good as I could get it.
If you open the AIW in notepad and find these multipliers...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for your efforts. Which way do you go with the figures to make the AI faster? They are very quick in a straight line but still slow through a lot of the corners. On 100%, and depending on the series, I am up to 5 secs a lap quicker, but get passed quite easily down the straight. Even on 120% they are quite easy to outpace. Thanks again.

Thanks for your efforts. Which way do you go with the figures to make the AI faster? They are very quick in a straight line but still slow through a lot of the corners. On 100%, and depending on the series, I am up to 5 secs a lap quicker, but get passed quite easily down the straight. Even on 120% they are quite easy to outpace. Thanks again.

Try with these values, you make the AI quicker by increasing them. With the numbers below they are 5-6 seconds quicker in the corners, consequently they carry more speed onto the straights as well.

WorstAdjust=(1.15)
MidAdjust=(1.35)
BestAdjust=(1.6)

The line
AISpec=(0,0,1,0) controls how the speed increase is performed... (acceration, max speed, their cornering speed, or their deceleration. 0.0 - 1)

Thanks, I'll play around. So I take it in the line, AISpec=(0,0,1,0), that the lower the number, the quicker the AI is at that particular point?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.