Tracks Gamla Stan (Old Town, Stockholm)

Hi everyone!

I am currently working on a big project! My ambition is to build Gamla Stan (or Old Town if you're not from sweden) in central stockholm. I must start by stating that this track might not be finished and i will work on it whenever i have time so progress might be slow. :)

I've been planning to do this thing for a long while but never have i known how. I finally feel cofident enough to start a project of this size. I am new to this and would love every help i could get! I ve started this about a week ago and have worked on it a couple of hours since then and i am starting to feel that i get more effective in my work. :cool::cool:

I've been looking for a layout which takes you by some iconic scenery in stockholm. I ended up with a layout very similar to the ones that were in project gotham racing 2 coincidentally.
In this course you will drive by The royal castle, Riddarholm Church, Supreme Court of Sweden, the parliament as well as Slussen and Katarina Elevator.

I am using google sketchup at the moment and have used some buildings from the 3dwarehouse but i believe that this building will be replaced in the future cause some of them lack detail. I've manage to import the buildings structure but need to add details, height and structures to them, which take time! :confused:

I am wondering if there is anyway to directly import tracks to the assetto corsa editor from google sketchup? If so, is there any guide somewhere? :)

I will leave you with some picture and hopefully find some people who are willing to help!

Cheers,
Fredrik

Namnlös2.png
The layout of the planned course. The green might be a hairpin to add some corners. The layout may change alittle bit.

Namnlös.png

The scenery from above.

Namnlös3.png

In the foreground you see some buildings from the 3d warehouse and the building without windows and the house to the left are houses i have built. That is most likely how all the houses will be built eventually.

starting track creation with a city track is courageous :D

I'm no track guy, but I can tell you that directly importing into KS Editor will not work in any way, you will need to go through (and do most work) in a standalone 3D modeller. You need to follow the Kunos naming conventions and files types and so on.

As a start I found this tutorial to get a sketchup project into Blender (which is the tool most track makers use): https://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/blender/sketchup-import.php

starting track creation with a city track is courageous :D

I'm no track guy, but I can tell you that directly importing into KS Editor will not work in any way, you will need to go through (and do most work) in a standalone 3D modeller. You need to follow the Kunos naming conventions and files types and so on.

As a start I found this tutorial to get a sketchup project into Blender (which is the tool most track makers use): https://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/blender/sketchup-import.php
Yeah! I know that making a city track is quite crazy! But i have done some tracks in RTB and i think i know how that works now. If i make all the buildings like i am doing now i can import them to rtb and add trees and stuff. I feel pretty confident about that, i think my biggest issue will be making the water but i feel like i dont have to worry about that for now. :)

Wow this is so cool :D:thumbsup:
Last year I visited Stockholm for some days and spend a whole day at Gamla Stan. It was really amazing and I still remember most of the sights you mentioned. I'm looking forward to your mod and wish you best of luck!
BTW I really like the section in PGR2 where you drive across a bridge, towards the Grand Hotel and then back over another bridge to Gamla Stan. Would be lovely to see this as an alternative layout in your mod, too :inlove:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.