Gaming desk Chair wanted, Suggestions ?

I have Sciatica and most of the time its not bad. But I'm finding when doing long races I get pain in my upper leg and cramps.
Yes my old trusty seat has long since seen better days, and I'm in the market for a gaming or racing chair for a desk setup. Has to raise to about 20 inches high.
I'm using my old trusty TSW 2 wheel and pedals.
Mostly race GPL and Assetto Corsa.
I'm not a youngster at 64, but I can still run pretty good laps.
I don't want a cheap seat that will break after a year or so, my last desk chair lasted over 10 years.
I'm about 5' 11" and around 170-180 lbs.
Any suggestions for brands or even specific chairs would be greatly appreciated.
Bruce

I use an Aeron and have so for over 20 years, shortly after sciatica came to stay.
Depending on where you live, many offices that now have remote workers
freed up Aerons, making used ones relatively affordable.

For comfortable racing, I always suggest a cockpit which you tailor to fit your body. Get one with a reclining seat and you are all set. Mine is so comfortable that I havent used my desk in years.

I have Sciatica and most of the time its not bad. But I'm finding when doing long races I get pain in my upper leg and cramps.
Yes my old trusty seat has long since seen better days, and I'm in the market for a gaming or racing chair for a desk setup. Has to raise to about 20 inches high.
I'm using my old trusty TSW 2 wheel and pedals.
Mostly race GPL and Assetto Corsa.
I'm not a youngster at 64, but I can still run pretty good laps.
I don't want a cheap seat that will break after a year or so, my last desk chair lasted over 10 years.
I'm about 5' 11" and around 170-180 lbs.
Any suggestions for brands or even specific chairs would be greatly appreciated.
Bruce
I am happy since 5years with this one:

but its mandatory to change the rolling "feets" with fixed ones. Otherwise you`ll always roll while braking :D

I'm in a similar situation: I've been working from home since the pandemic began, putting in roughly 8 hours a day in front of a computer, plus extra time for gaming. I began with a low-cost chair that killed my lower back, then upgraded to a Secretlab's Titan on https://eurekaergonomic.com/gaming-desk/. It was far superior to my inexpensive chair. However, it still caused lower back pain... around a month ago, I switched to a Herman Miller Aeron and haven't felt any trouble since. Gaming seats are stylish but not designed to be used for 8+ hours a day. My best recommendation is to hunt for decent office chairs.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea