1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games for Windows Live problem

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Andrea Isgrò, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Hi all guys, I'm writing this topic because I have a big problem with Games for Windows Live..

Starting situation:
    I have a clean installation of F1 2011 without Patch #2 and I have Hamachi to play in LAN with another game

Every time I open F1.. Games for Windows Live uses Hamachi's network and I can't play online and install Patch #2.. to do these things I have to uninstall Hamachi..

The question is.. There is a solution to say Games for Windows Live to use the normal network without uninstalling Hamachi?
    I have already tried to change the network adapters priority and Hamachi is the last connection..

Thanks in advance
  2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

There appears to be a registry hack for this, there is a video based on F1 2010, I suspect that the procedure is the same for F1 2011.

Bear in mind that I know nothing about Hamachi and VPN's ......

EDIT: After a search, I found that MS7XWDC has written about this and F1 2011 here :-

3. Thanks a lot for your response !! I solved a part of the problem.. in fact on my registry I already have the string that the guy in the video adds.. so I thought that I had to delete that string.. I have done this and now Games for Windows Live starts with my normal connection.. but he said that I'm not online.. here my connection setup:

The Local IP is correct.. I'm online with this connection, but F1 can't reach my External IP, what I can do now?
  4. Problem solved at all ;) I think was required a restart of the computer because now the game is downloading the Patch #2
    Thanks again for the solution :D