Game settings not saved

Game does not keep saved my settins for assistence levels, autoshift, autoclutch, racing line, etc...Every time when I restart I must setup again my preferences.
Any solution?
Thanks in advance

This might not work, but try running the game as an admin. It might not be able to overwrite the files it needs to save. Might not work, but worth a try.

Thanks Akra. Running game as admin doesn't solve the problem.

I had this problem right after using the AC content manager / launcher thing. Maybe coincidence but I haven't had the issue since I stopped using it.

I have never used AC content manager or similar. Thank you

Maybe coincidence, but the only other thing I've done is update my old steering wheel to a new thrustmaster tx and after that, game realism settings are not saved anymore. Other game adjustments are saved properly.
Any help would be appreciated.

I'm at work so can't point to direct files. I think (not sure, but think), that the settings files are stored in your Documents folder, in a sub folder called AC. Have a look in there and see if theres any obvious file (settings.ini or something along those lines). Try deleting the file (keep a backup) and it'll force AC to recreate the file, that might work.

Doing a Steam file verification might work, but I think that only checks the files stored in the Steam folder, and might mess with mods.

It seems the problem is swapping from CM to The Kunos UI......when i went from Kunos UI to CM for online races( before donating) It seemed the default saved profile it wants to load when you quit the game and play it again, The Last known setup is what its loading and it seems that you have to "re save" the profile to get it to work....At least thats what i had to do on mine.

So i was playing on CM, then went to kunos UI for online....jump online Pedals and shifter dont work, Jump out, Re save the profile i want, Jump back in game and it works.

It seems its the default save file thats getting confused going from one UI to the other.

I have the same problem every now and then but I have never used Content Manager so the cause of the problem must be something else than just swapping between CM and the default UI.

Last edited:
Try deleting the file (keep a backup) and it'll force AC to recreate the file, that might work.
After removing the file assist.ini it seems that the new file recreated will save the realism settings. Also the aggressiveness level of the opponents is now saved.
Thank you for all your help coments.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies