Game Freezes while in clicking stuff in pause menu.

Just got this game off Steam and everything works great...except for one thing.

When I pause the game and want to do anything in the pause menu (go back to the garage etc) the game freezes and I'm not back at the garage. I can still press esc again and go back to the pause menu but the action on the screen freezes and pressing anything in the said menu doesn't do anything,

A few basics. Do not install to any "Program Files" folder, GTR2 predates the massive security MS imposes on these locations and windows itself can cause issues with anything it deems "suspicious". Run in Win7 compatibility mode; run as admin. And be sure to run the GTR2 config and set the basic parameters there.

You may need to download and install the MS DX9 Redistributable.

Temporarily disable security software and DEP to eliminate those as problems.

Have Task Manager running in the background, the next time things lock up, ALT+TAB out and see what is shown on Task Manager applications tab; is GTR2 "running" or "not responding"? Look in the processes tab, especially for anything using a notable amount of cpu or memory. Process Explorer (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer) takes this a step further and shows all files in use by all running processes. None of this is going to point directly to a problem, but will show what else is running and may provide a clue to the problem.

Also, the Steam version is subtly different from the "real" version so you may need assistance from the Steam forums.

It sounds like your game is switching to another application and it cannot because your video card can't handle switching, something my old AMD card does. If you alt-tab out of the game, can you alt-tab back in? Maybe try running the game in windowed mode.

Have you installed the GTR2 anniversary patch?

And no addition of ENBSeries ?
A single alt-tab is freezing GTR2 for good and it needs to be killed in task manager.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back