1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Game crashes when restarting

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Jan-Olov Johansson, Feb 3, 2013.

1. The game have a nasty habit of freezing when I try to restart a session, have only been driving the hillclimb challange so far so I can not tell if it's limited to that one only.
    Sometimes it happends the first time you do it, other times you can do a few restarts without problem but sooner or later if will hang...killing the game.exe is the only way to get out of the game.

Anyone else having this annoying bug ?

Edit: It also happends when you click Repeat after finishing the stage...

2. Yes, I have crashed a few times yesterday. Last time I crashed I had a pop up message from Windows saying "There is incompatiblity issues with this program. Would you like to fix now." I clicked on yes and so far I have not crashed since then. I have never seen this message before on any of my PC's. :unsure:

3. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

I did 10 Hillclimbs yesterday, no freeze or ctd.

4. I work around it by returning to the main menu.

I get a persistant game crash if I choose to restart a hillclimb. The game starts in the background, but the screen remains on the menus, and it strobes. Have to kill it in task man.
    Only happened since the last update, never before.

5. Still crashes on restart/repeat but going back to the setup menu first and then choose drive works fine, so I'll try to remember doing that instead.

Edit: It's exacly the same bug as Paul describes in his post, so it's not my computer that's misbehavi'n...

6. Now it freezes up whatever I do, restart, repeat, returning to setup or whatever. Getting really annoying this...:thumbsdown:

7. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

Why don't you click the support button in the game ?

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

clicking the support button is the best bet as trying to debug it here could be a very long and fruitless exercise

Andi

9. Ok guys, sounds like a plan, thanks :)

Edit: Just wanted to add that the closed beta never did this...