Game crashes after loading screen

led00m

Sim racer, kart racer and an academic
Hi all,

I installed AMS when it was first available and it worked fine. Havn't played it since but now whenever I try to load a game it just crashes after the loading screen. Anyone else had this problem? Really disappointed because I was really impressed when it first came out :(

Thanks!

I do not unfortunately :( i have my CSR wheel (pedals plugged into the wheel), symprojects JC32 button box, Th8 shifter and my SLI-pro plugged in

Did all the checks, then ran the check integrity and it found 2 errors. Ran it again then no errors, ran the game and it crashed again, then ran the integrity check again and found 4 errors :s

Running a scratch version, no mods or anything :(

EDIT: don't try to use the dashmeterpro plugin because it was the cause to my problem! I hope this helps anyone experiencing the same issue!

Last edited:
Running a scratch version, no mods or anything :(

EDIT: don't try to use the dashmeterpro plugin because it was the cause to my problem! I hope this helps anyone experiencing the same issue!
I'm using dashmeterpro and it runs perfectly. you are using the RF1 plugin and not the RF2 plugin right?

I'm also using 64bit WIN10 in case that's has anything to do with it

I'm using dashmeterpro and it runs perfectly. you are using the RF1 plugin and not the RF2 plugin right?

I'm also using 64bit WIN10 in case that's has anything to do with it

I think i ran the RF2 one (whichever is the one that works with SCE). Still on Win8.1 though

Alex, Pls,
How do I change the ams root folder on steam?
Not the right Alex but lets try… :)
- Create a folder where you want to store your game, call it whatever suits you. Inside, create a new folder called steamapps. Then again, create inside steamapps a folder called common.
- Go to your current AMS folder (default location should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista). Copy that game’s folder Automobilista to the new whatever\steamapps\common folder you just created.
- Open Steam, right-click on Automobilista, and select “Delete Local Content”. This will uninstall the game from its original location
- When that’s done, click the Install button to re-install the game. In the “Choose location” dropdown, choose the new folder you created. Instead of re-downloading the game (which could take hours), Steam will detect the existing files there and make any necessary minor changes. When it’s done, you should be able to play the game as usual.
Hope this helps!

Mmm, it sounds like your are trying to reinstall Steam itself, instead of installing Automobilista once you are in Steam; is that right? The process is to delete the game, and then reinstall it in a different location. By copying the files first, you avoid downloading the 11 Go again. But you should not touch Steam.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.1%