1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game crashes after loading screen

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by led00m, Mar 27, 2016.

1. led00m

led00m
    Sim racer, kart racer and an academic

Hi all,

I installed AMS when it was first available and it worked fine. Havn't played it since but now whenever I try to load a game it just crashes after the loading screen. Anyone else had this problem? Really disappointed because I was really impressed when it first came out :(

Thanks!

2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

Do you have an Xbox 1 controller plugged in? If so unplug it I had an issue of late that several games wouldn't launch due to that

3. led00m

led00m

I do not unfortunately :( i have my CSR wheel (pedals plugged into the wheel), symprojects JC32 button box, Th8 shifter and my SLI-pro plugged in

4. Any mods ?

5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

Check the Quick Troubleshooting section of the user guide. There are certain applications that you may have running that cause the game to crash on loading a track.

• Like Like x 1
  6. led00m

led00m

Did all the checks, then ran the check integrity and it found 2 errors. Ran it again then no errors, ran the game and it crashed again, then ran the integrity check again and found 4 errors :s

7. JoelGL

JoelGL
    Premium Member

When you get to have mods, make sure to make a backup of your Realfeel.ini before running 'Verify integrity'.

8. led00m

led00m

Running a scratch version, no mods or anything :(

EDIT: don't try to use the dashmeterpro plugin because it was the cause to my problem! I hope this helps anyone experiencing the same issue!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  9. Sniper

Sniper
    Premium Member

I'm using dashmeterpro and it runs perfectly. you are using the RF1 plugin and not the RF2 plugin right?

I'm also using 64bit WIN10 in case that's has anything to do with it

10. led00m

led00m

I think i ran the RF2 one (whichever is the one that works with SCE). Still on Win8.1 though

11. run the game as administrator.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sniper

Sniper
    Premium Member

ok the one that works is RF1

13. Alex, Pls,
    How do I change the ams root folder on steam?

14. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    Premium Member

Not the right Alex but lets try… :)
    - Create a folder where you want to store your game, call it whatever suits you. Inside, create a new folder called steamapps. Then again, create inside steamapps a folder called common.
    - Go to your current AMS folder (default location should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista). Copy that game’s folder Automobilista to the new whatever\steamapps\common folder you just created.
    - Open Steam, right-click on Automobilista, and select “Delete Local Content”. This will uninstall the game from its original location
    - When that’s done, click the Install button to re-install the game. In the “Choose location” dropdown, choose the new folder you created. Instead of re-downloading the game (which could take hours), Steam will detect the existing files there and make any necessary minor changes. When it’s done, you should be able to play the game as usual.
    Hope this helps!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Alex,
    Thanks for listening,
    I followed his orientation, but when I try to install, the system gives me message that there is already a library steam disk. And do not proceed with the installation.

And now??? :confused:

16. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    Premium Member

Mmm, it sounds like your are trying to reinstall Steam itself, instead of installing Automobilista once you are in Steam; is that right? The process is to delete the game, and then reinstall it in a different location. By copying the files first, you avoid downloading the 11 Go again. But you should not touch Steam.

• Agree Agree x 1