G29 has no FFB

*****THIS ENTIRE POST IS IRRELEVANT FOR YOU FELLOW G29 USERS, FOLLOW THIS VIDEO:
THERE IS A DOWNLOAD LINK FOR 2020 DRIVERS THAT WILL RESTORE YOUR FFB! DON'T PULL YOUR HAIR OUT BEFORE FOLLOWING IT!*****

Every button and axis for my G29 is recognized and can be bound, but there is no force feedback at all, no matter if it's vanilla, with HxD and .PLR file tweaks, or with the GTR233 HQ Anniversary Patch.

NOTE: I intend to run the game with the CrewChief VR plugin.

Specs and game info:
Windows 11 Home v22621.1992
Logitech G HUB v2023.6.430723
Steam version of GTR2
Game root directory: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game

Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3050
32GB of 3200Mhz G.Skill DDR4 RAM
Team MS80 1TB M2 SSD
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M2 SSD
Logitech G29 with H-pattern shifter
Thrustmaster TLCM pedals
Oculus Rift S

List of attempted solutions:
-set the steering to 540 in both GHub and CrewChief.ini
-use Alt-F FFB Reset
-set GTR2.exe and GTR2Config.exe to run as admin
-turn FFB effects on and off in the game menu
-reinstall GHUB
-roll back to an older version of GHUB
-use LGS
-use SHO Competition FFB (Generic and G920 presets)
-fresh reinstall with wiped Steam cache and no patches or tweaks applied
-start game with pedals unplugged to make G29 show up as Input 1
-use DevReorder to make G29 show up as Input 1

None of these have worked so far.

The UserData folder is in the game's root directory and not the documents folder, which someone on RD said to make sure to verify.

The game worked perfectly fine in Windows 10, so I'm really confused. Can someone please help me solve this issue (or at least help me understand it)?

Cheers and thanks in advance for the help

Last edited:
Did you try to reset the FFB on track using Alt-F ... it's perfectly working for me when losing for unknown reason any force feedback ? ... and this happens rather regularly sometimes.... mostly at session changes.

Is your Userdata folder well in GTR2 root folder ?... where it should be now
In theory if you're using perfectly Crew Chief, this should be the case ... but if your userdata folder is in your Documents .... you'd need to start GTR2config and GTR2 also as administrator.

Please check that first.

It might be easier to begin with those presets ;) https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sho-competition-ffb-for-gtr2.30448/

Also, if you care about FFB, consider reading up on CC plugin Real Feel integration and physics decoupling but of course, first step is to get some ffb ;)
This didn't work either, I don't know what's going on.

I upgraded my PC to windows 11 and I'm running the latest version of GHUB if that's any relevant information. It worked before on Win10...

Many reasons finally to avoid Windows 11 and Logitech. !
Logitech was fine years ago, nowadays ... I decided to stop buying from them.
Keyboards, mouses and headphones are too expensive compared to their actual quality.
2 or 3 years and they are out of use ... when not defective nearly at the start !

Gee - I'd be gutted and fuming. I briefly skimmed the first post and got to work with possible ways of trying to find out what is wrong by process of elimination but I can now see you've tried most things. I concur about the choice of USB ports - if possible try USB 2 for the wheel you never know; maybe GTR2 is more funny about it due to the updates. If you find out what the problem is let us know.

I have two additional thoughts, grabbing at straws, but diagnosing PC issues is often like that.

* do you have FFB in any other racing games? If you do not have other games, Logitech software should have some FFB test I guess.

* Crew Chief plugin may affect FFB. You could try backing your CrewChief.ini, deleting it and starting fresh. Also, you could try running game without CC plugin at all (don't forget it is 2 files: CrewChief.dll and d3d9.dll in the game root) - you might have to run in 800x600x16 for it to work with no issues, but that will help eliminating plugin affecting the FFB.

Lastly, in general it is not a good idea to run game out Steam locations - GTR2 works fine from anywhere, in fact I recommend having multiple GTR2 copies for separate mods as this helps avoiding conflicts.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.