G27 profiler and game setting help

Hi everyone, I am a very new user to Sim racing and have recently picked up AC and a G27.
Now, I do have over 12 years of driving experience and more than 6 of those being aggressive track oriented/auto x so i know how to control a car in a slide, under hard cornering, high speed steering inputs etc. For some reason though when I sit down at the wheel in AC with something as basic as an NA MX-5, i can't get a clean lap without driving the car to a point that involves little to no body roll without it throwing itself off the track or bringing the back end out a few degrees only to have it "lock" in the direction the slide originated and not being able to have any steering input. Now like i said above, i understand racing, i understand you can't just huck it going 80mph into a tight corner and expect the car to track around it like a need for speed game hence why i bought AC because i wanted to feel real physics and be able to enjoy track driving without the massive amount of money it would take to do it with a real car. Has anyone experience anything like this? Massive understeer when the body rolls even the slightest amount or once the car actually wants to turn it gets "stuck" and keeps sliding. I know it can't be tire temp related because i monitor that with sidekick, i enter the corner with the correct line and at a reasonable speed for the trajectory of a clean turn in and out so not going anywhere near the limit. I just want to be able to drive the car like it would in real life and not like some plastic wheeled mess that can't keep grip or make direction changes without tank slapping everywhere. Sorry for the long post but PLEASE help me out.

For some basic things first, lets see if you have "correct" settings for the wheel and the game.

In the assists page, select the Pro option. But go in options-general and untick "modify assists based on controller" so that it remains on Pro no matter what.

For the G27. I assume you're already using the logitech profiler and set it up. 100% overall forces and the others to 0 with centering force unticked. 900º. Always open the logitech profile before the game and calibrate the pedals by pressing on them a couple times when you plug in the usb cable.

For the G27 in game I simply load the g27+shifter profile, I assign some secondary buttons, and then I set up the ffb. You can leave it at 100% gain or use 80% (sometimes less force makes you feel the details of the driving better, personally I like 80% more). Rest of the sliders under force feedback at 0%. Brake gamma is good at 2.40.

Now in the session settings where you choose weather and track grip, go with something like Gree, Fast, or Optimum and in options-general tick "keep selected track conditions between game modes".

On the track keep an eye on the tyre pressure (use the native tyre app for now). If they go to yellow or red color it means the car will be harder to grip in the corners, so mind that when you approach a corner with too high tyre pressure, you may encounter either under or over steer, or just simply slide away if you take the corner too fast with red tyre pressures. Same thing for blue, you're still not at the optimal grip, over/under steer and sliding might occur.

For some basic things first, lets see if you have "correct" settings for the wheel and the game.

In the assists page, select the Pro option. But go in options-general and untick "modify assists based on controller" so that it remains on Pro no matter what.

For the G27. I assume you're already using the logitech profiler and set it up. 100% overall forces and the others to 0 with centering force unticked. 900º. Always open the logitech profile before the game and calibrate the pedals by pressing on them a couple times when you plug in the usb cable.

For the G27 in game I simply load the g27+shifter profile, I assign some secondary buttons, and then I set up the ffb. You can leave it at 100% gain or use 80% (sometimes less force makes you feel the details of the driving better, personally I like 80% more). Rest of the sliders under force feedback at 0%. Brake gamma is good at 2.40.

Now in the session settings where you choose weather and track grip, go with something like Gree, Fast, or Optimum and in options-general tick "keep selected track conditions between game modes".

On the track keep an eye on the tyre pressure (use the native tyre app for now). If they go to yellow or red color it means the car will be harder to grip in the corners, so mind that when you approach a corner with too high tyre pressure, you may encounter either under or over steer, or just simply slide away if you take the corner too fast with red tyre pressures. Same thing for blue, you're still not at the optimal grip.

thank you for your input, I will definitely give it a shot. Currently I have 115% overall in the profiler, 100% spring effect, 100% damper effect and center spring enabled with 100% gain in game because of other g27 settings threads ive read. Also currently using a LUT file (again because of another settings thread). I'm guessing with these current settings plus the "canned effects" my FFB is so faked and confused by itself that my inputs are not actually making their way to AC. It has been a constant battle of me looking on here (RD) for g27 settings to make my wheel feel more realistic because i thought that was the problem when in reality might have made it worse. I don't want any special effects or anything besides just raw FFB and be able to feel the most details from the sim.

Some good advices threre ^ , ill add this :
Lower the tyre pressure a bit (the MX-5 seem too slipery ,don use the old tyre unless you want to get some sideway action)
It may take some time to get used to the FFB if you come from any other sims

Getting the ffb to simple settings is a good step. I just drove the Miata NA at Nordschleife and there weren't problems with the tyre pressures, they stayed mainly on green.

You have two tyre options for this car, street vintage and street, the later is a more modern compound and gives more grip and can also unstable more the car if you don't brake with care. Braking in the Miata, at least in the game at the Nordschleife, is a tricky situation sometimes because of the body roll dynamics. Which can easily unsettle the car if you don't control the braking when you approach a corner. The ST tyres have less grip, you also feel a softer force feedback in the wheel, but are still nice to cruise in this car.

Are you used to driving manual cars on a race track? Braking and downshifting when you're going fast :) in the Miata requires technique and experience, or you get all over the place with the car.

yeah i understand you need to rev match but also can't really come fully off the throttle or you get lift off oversteer. i think my wheel is set up wrong and my inputs just arent getting the the sim in time.

So try to get the wheel settings as I put in the first post, any doubt just ask.

Another thing, about the FOV (field of view, in options-video-view) setting and camera. If you have a screen with a resolution of 16:9, lower your fov to something like 45 or whatever feels comfortable. Use dashcam, which hides the animated steering wheel and approximates the camera to the road. This to me gives a more realistic sensation of speed and where I am on the road.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.4%