G27 Nixim Pedal Mod - All 3 or just Brake?

Hi guys,

Lacking the cash for a new wheel and pedals, I thought I'd go for the Nixim mod to improve my trusty G27. Obviously it's mainly the brake mod I'm after, but they also offer new springs for the throttle and clutch. Buying all three at once nets you a discount.

So my question is, is it worth bothering with the throttle/clutch upgrades for £50? Or should I just stick with the £18 brake spring on it's own?

Cheers guys. :thumbsup:

(PS: Please don't suggest whole new pedal sets or load cells. Don't have the cash.)

So this appears to be their business model then... take people's money, then ignore them hoping they'll go away, then suddenly send them the product they've ordered when PayPal get involved so that you don't get a bad rating.

What an absolute joke of a company. They've already cost themselves business because people often ask about my pedal upgrade, and I advise against Nixim and point them to GTEye instead. Idiots.

Upvote 0
I just wish I had seen this thread before ordering from Nixim. Unfortunately, I didn't, and I didn't notice GTEye as an option then, either. Got a shipping confirmation on the GTEye day after I ordered it, looking forward to getting it soon and installing it!

Upvote 0
I changed brake spring to throttle because I was having problems with it being too soft. First run felt strange but now I can feel the throttle much more so I can modulate it better, which is great for me (even with trainers I can feel where the pedals are...)

Now clutch feels weak in comparison, but...I don't use it that much to worry still.

Im using the original clutch spring at throttle and the original brake spring at clutch.
I think its the best solution, because the brake spring at throttle, even if you get used to it, at some long races its a bit tough for the knee. The clutch spring is between the original throttle and brake spring.

You can give it a try ;)

Upvote 0
Im using the original clutch spring at throttle and the original brake spring at clutch.
I think its the best solution, because the brake spring at throttle, even if you get used to it, at some long races its a bit tough for the knee. The clutch spring is between the original throttle and brake spring.

You can give it a try ;)

Yeah I know but then I think that when you go to high end pedals like HE or similar ones, they are hard and well...real life race cars might be strong and exhausting too...

For me is like having a direct drive wheel and turning it to down 2nm because you are going to get tired...you can but...when looking for maximum realism possible (with the hardware you got), you got to maximize it!

Upvote 0

You can give it a try ;)
I found that the brake spring in the throttle gave me a sore foot (I race in socks) rather than a sore knee. :p Thankfully my foot has toughened up now so it's all good. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I added a little piece of rubber inside to it (about 2 cms) and it adds a better feel
That's essentially the difference between the Nixim and GTEye mods... the Nixim comes with the an optional rubber block to add to the brake. You could use anything though, just as you've done, so I'd still advise people to go with the GTEye to ensure prompt delivery and proper customer support.

Upvote 0
I installed the GTEye spring and was a little disappointed with it. I put an o-ring in the groove on the bottom end of the cylinder and plugged the hole in it with some duct tape, now the pedal is nice and stiff :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I can also recommend to not use a rubber but instead screw in some normal sponge. Should be a quite fluffy one. The one I put in was about 7x5x3 cm, just twisted and screwed in the spring. It adds some progression to it and the last 10% are really stiff, but I can still reach 100%!
IMG_20170714_104302.jpg
IMG_20170714_104625.jpg

photo_2017-07-14_14-11-20.jpg
This is the cut sponge next to my Mouse&Hand and a spare Sponge :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 11.1%