G27 Nixim Pedal Mod - All 3 or just Brake?

Hi guys,

Lacking the cash for a new wheel and pedals, I thought I'd go for the Nixim mod to improve my trusty G27. Obviously it's mainly the brake mod I'm after, but they also offer new springs for the throttle and clutch. Buying all three at once nets you a discount.

So my question is, is it worth bothering with the throttle/clutch upgrades for £50? Or should I just stick with the £18 brake spring on it's own?

Cheers guys. :thumbsup:

(PS: Please don't suggest whole new pedal sets or load cells. Don't have the cash.)

I've had them and immidiately sold them again, they were far too heavy to press down without considerable force. To get full throw on the brake pedal you have to REALLY mash the pedal, the others are slightly lighter. And hardmounting is a requirement, otherwise your pedal base will slip for sure, even on carpet.

Upvote 0
mmm...I just ordered one lol..for now i put some white decorative christmasstuff in the spring lol after seeing someone putting some foam in it so i have to try that first but i have a question; i the pedal is not 100% comming to the end now do you have to put a deadzone for that last piece or is there another way? cause it feels good like this but pushing to the end will end up in china...I have to wait till wednesday then my adapter for the g27 pedals icw the t300rs so i am also in the middle of upgrading things ( and also on budget;) for 210 euro i am happy ) tips for setting this up are welcome!

Upvote 0
I've used the Nixim mod with all three springs for years. Definitely worthwhile, but you must hard mount the pedals. When you have the pedals apart to install, it's a good time to blow dust out of the pots.

Recalibrate the brake pedal. You'll have full resolution that way rather than having a dead zone. Can also recommend the Leo Bodnar adapter to increase resolution.

Edit: if you want to be cheap, just cut up a pink eraser block to fit in the brake pedal cylinder. You'll have to trim to length to suit your preferences and that will mean a couple disassembly-reassembly cycles.

Upvote 0
I used the Nixim brake mod way back (no longer have the pedals). Can't see the point in the clutch and gas pedal mods, just go with the brake. The difference is an instant improvement so as cheap mods go, definitely worth it.

As said before, you will need to hard mount or at least have the pedals propped against the wall, the pressure needed on the brake is like a load cell braking weight to brake fully. It's quite substantial, but you can trim the rubber block a little to make it easier.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the responses guys, much appreciated! :thumbsup:

I did look at both Nixim and GTEye before posting here. The reason I'm leaning towards the Nixim is simple... I'm an impatient sod and delivery of the Nixim will be far quicker since they're based in my country. :p

So I've decided to go with the Nixim brake mod on it's own. Thinking about it today, I couldn't really think of a good reason to make the clutch and throttle harder... I like that the throttle only requires a feather touch, and the only thing I ever do with the clutch is mash it to the floor anyway when I change gear, so no 'feel' or precision required! Having that thinking confirmed by Jeremy clinched it.

Also, freeing up the extra £30 the other springs would have cost will allow me to buy the Bodnar cable instead, which I hear is a very worthwhile investment. Better res on the pedals, and the ability to use them separately... useful because, like Theo, I intend to upgrade in stages, with a new wheel being next whenever I can afford it. :cool:

Thanks again guys. :)

Upvote 0
Echo on the Bodnar cable. Being able to run the pedals alone is awesome and having more resolution is just a bonus. Its never missed a beat in all the years I've used it.

Upvote 0
It seems I shouldn't have let impatience make my decision on which mod to order. It's been over a week and my Nixim mod hasn't arrived and they've ignored two emails so far. Seriously unimpressed. I could have had a GTEye mod all the way from Australia by now, since they ship internationally within 5-7 days.

Live and learn.

Upvote 0
Are you kidding? Man i have the same experience with them at the moment! I only ordered the brakespring and that was on 18th of april..also send them 2 emails 1 to sales and 1 to enquires..no answer..I am going to give them a call tomorrow....

Upvote 0
Are you kidding? Man i have the same experience with them at the moment! I only ordered the brakespring and that was on 18th of april..also send them 2 emails 1 to sales and 1 to enquires..no answer..I am going to give them a call tomorrow....

Snap! I ordered on the exact same day.

The thing is, I'm a very reasonable guy. If their order system broke, they ran out of stock, the package got lost in the post, or whatever else then that's absolutely fine. But what isn't fine is that I've had absolutely no communication of any kind from them. I got a PayPal receipt when I ordered, as you always do. But from Nixim I have had no payment receipt, no order acknowledgement, no status updates, no dispatch confirmation, and no reply to two emails sent to the same addresses you mentioned. That's piss poor customer service and unacceptable when you're taking people's money from them.

I've sent one last message to them via PayPal's resolution centre. If they haven't responded in 48 hours then I'll be filing a claim through PayPal's buyer protection to get my money back. (Which I will then send to Australia instead...)

Upvote 0
I'm using all three. I love the brake spring, braking with it is much more intuitive, it is a huge step up from the standard spring. The accelerator spring is better too, harder but it gives me better modulation then standard. The only one i don't like is a clutch spring, i don't see much of a difference over factory spring.

Upvote 0
Well, it seems the threat of a PayPal claim finally got them moving. I gave them 48 hours, and 40 hours later the brake mod arrived. I can see from the postage that it was posted the day I sent the message via the PayPal resolution centre. But I still have not had any communication from them whatsoever... still no replys, no reasons, no apology.

Glad to have my mod at last, but I'll still be taking my business elsewhere if I feel the need to upgrade the other pedals.

Upvote 0
I'm using all three. I love the brake spring, braking with it is much more intuitive, it is a huge step up from the standard spring. The accelerator spring is better too, harder but it gives me better modulation then standard. The only one i don't like is a clutch spring, i don't see much of a difference over factory spring.

Absolutely! :thumbsup: After a couple of laps to get used to it, the feel is far and away better with the brake mod. Just the fact that it actually feels like a brake pedal is great, and the extra control it gives you is fantastic. I had to revise all my brake points as I can brake much harder and later now without issue.

Also, based on your feedback, I tried replacing the throttle spring with the stock brake spring. Instant improvement. I thought it might be too hard, but I actually really like it. As you said, far better modulation now. It'll be interesting to see how my leg holds up over an hour long race though! :p

I also put the stock throttle spring into the clutch, just so that it doesn't feel left out. ;)

Upvote 0
I joined this site and am bumping this thread a bit to also note that I am having issues with Nixim. I am in the US, placed my order on May 5, and still have not received it. I emailed them three times, no response. Started a claim on PayPal, still no response after four days. I've escalated it to PayPal now. I just ordered a GTEye, it'll probably be here before Nixim even responds. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I bought the Gteye brake pedal on eBay directly from Gteye, 1 week and no cost.

Review from the pedal: well I was expecting lot more, for me it's soft because I had modded my pedal with a rubber and it was pretty strong.

Consecuently, i put back the rubber mod inside the new spring and now it feels perfect. More progressive than before and still strong enough.

I changed brake spring to throttle because I was having problems with it being too soft. First run felt strange but now I can feel the throttle much more so I can modulate it better, which is great for me (even with trainers I can feel where the pedals are...)

Now clutch feels weak in comparison, but...I don't use it that much to worry still.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back