1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G25 steering issues

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Jomar Green, Oct 24, 2011.

1. I have a problem, where from the controller settings graphic I'm only getting about 80% lock from the steering. Because of this whenever I drive out of the garage at Interlagos I usually hit the far wall. I have my wheel set to 540 degrees. Steering works fine in other sims (iRacing, Race) just a problem with this one. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, and the game is running as admin. I'm still using the demo but I would want to see this fixed before buying. Anyone can help me with this?
  2. What is your steering lock ingame?
    If 14°, put 20°.
  3. I did that, and it's much better now. Thanks for that. But is this a quick fix? When I go to controls and look at the steering wheel gauge, it only goes to about 80% when I'm at full lock. Is this normal?
  4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

No. It seems like you've set some odd dead zones or something. I'd check the range of motion in the windows settings.
  5. You're right! But it's a very weird problem. I had a Race 07 profile setup in the Logitech profiler with a range of 75%. I have no idea why that would affect GSC. Thanks for the help. Is the steering lock still supposed to be 20 at 540 degrees?

I really like this game, it seems to be much more than just another rFactor mod. I think the tracks and default FFB settings make all the difference. Best tracks outside of iRacing, that I have driven so far. It's nice to feel bumps and vibrations. I hate having to play a new sim, and it takes a day just to setup the FFB. This works the way it should right out of the box. I'll be getting it at the end of this week.
  6. Probably you set something up in Global settings instead of specific game settings. That would be my guess. :)
  7. Nope. It was definitely in specific game settings. Nothing in global device settings to set the range.
  8. I have a problem setting up my specific game settings for GSC in Logitech profiler. No matter what degree of rotation I set it at(270 or 540) it always uses 900.
    I have 900 set as my global setting for iRacing. So Im thinking the game is not recognising the specfic game setting.
    It works in Need for speed shift 2.
  9. Should be. I have also 900 in my global settings for iRacing and for GSC i have set 400 in the specific folder and that just works fine.
    You are sure you selected the right GSC exe file in the specific game settings? :)
  10. hi, i have another question regarding g25 steering.

I set the degrees of rotation in controller.ini at 450 but it changes back to 270 by itself... how can i make it sty at the number i want and not change back?
  11. I only have 1 GSC exe in my folder.
    The game is installed to my C drive and not to ProgramFiles x86. Could that cause a problem?