G25/G27/G29 Pedal Mods: What to do with the throttle spring?

If you modded your Logitech pedals with a loadcell or Truebrake etc, did you move the springs to also adjust the tension of your clutch and throttle?

I've just fitted my Truebrake and I like it a lot.

Like a lot of people, when I fitted it, I moved the old brake spring to the clutch and the old clutch spring to the throttle. I'm a sock racer so your experience may be different if you race in shoes, but I think I'm going to put the stock throttle spring back. It's just to firm for me now.

Can you let me know in comments if you've done this and how it worked out for you? Also mention if you are socks or shoes.

Hi,

Just seen this.

I have a Ricmotech LC in my G25 pedals. Putting the old brake in the clutch was a no brainer.

I tried the old clutch in the throttle and found it too stiff for longer sessions.

I race with really thin soled training shoes.

Cheers,

Ben

Upvote 0
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply. I did end up putting the stock throttle spring back and I'm much happier with it. Still very happy with the TrueBrake and the firmer clutch spring though.

Colin

Upvote 0
I once ordered a number of different springs in the right size, but varied strength, at Gutekunst (https://www.federnshop.com/en/), a German industrial spring supplier (at a combined price that was far below that of explicit "G25 replacement springs" you find online), and swapped those around till I found a combination I liked. But as I made extensions to the pedal arms my setup is different.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I once ordered a number of different springs in the right size, but varied strength, at Gutekunst (https://www.federnshop.com/en/), a German industrial spring supplier (at a combined price that was far below that of explicit "G25 replacement springs" you find online), and swapped those around till I found a combination I liked. But as I made extensions to the pedal arms my setup is different.
Hey @AccAkut , I'm planning to do the same. Could you tell me the diameters of the springs you ordered and which one did you chose for which pedal in the end?

Upvote 0
Hey @AccAkut , I'm planning to do the same. Could you tell me the diameters of the springs you ordered and which one did you chose for which pedal in the end?
diameter is ~25mm. I ordered 2x "D-263K", 2x "VD-306" and 2x "VD-263K". No idea which ended up in which pedal, I mixed and matched till it felt right, and springs look all the same :rolleyes:
but be aware that I use extended pedals, they are like 70mm longer/"higher" than normal G25 pedals, as such the leverage is rather different.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
diameter is ~25mm. I ordered 2x "D-263K", 2x "VD-306" and 2x "VD-263K". No idea which ended up in which pedal, I mixed and matched till it felt right, and springs look all the same :rolleyes:
but be aware that I use extended pedals, they are like 70mm longer/"higher" than normal G25 pedals, as such the leverage is rather different.
Omg thank you for the fast answer! Thats alright I think the length is around 60 mm.
Now I just need to find some local spring stores. It's just such a niche thing but somehow so expensive if you try to find it specifically for Logitech pedals.
But now I understand why they say upgrade your pedals first. I'm looking at you Sprints - one day ...

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 63 35.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 55.6%