FYI -iRacing Promo - 2 Year Membership For Half Price

For those concerned about the cost of iRacing here is your opportunity to save big.

From the main page:

"July is here and it's time for our Summer Membership Sale – also known as our Winter Membership Salefor those of you in the Southern Hemisphere.

Renew now and you can get a 2-year membership for the price of 1-year – just $99."

Promo runs July 1 - 10, 2014.

"If you want to buy additional cars they cost a one-time fee of $11.95. If you want to buy additional tracks they cost a one-time fee of either $11.95 or $14.95 depending on the track. If you buy 3 pieces of content (cars or tracks) at once you also receive a discount of 10%. If you buy 6 pieces of content at once you receive a discount of 20%. If you purchase/own any 40 pieces of content from that point forward you receive an automatic 25% discount. If you own all the cars and tracks, every new car or track you buy gets discounted at 30%."
And since it doesn't say it there - oval tracks are $12, road tracks are $15, for the most part.

I let my subscription lapse due to the pricing - $60 to run a 'full' season in anything other than the 2 Rookie series (MX5 cup and street stock) felt like way too much. It's not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things but it does take away from other things I'd like to spend my sim-money on, especially sight unseen - the included content had several tracks that I just wasn't digging.

At the time I was also annoyed to find out that with the remaining 6ish weeks of the season, there weren't any D-class races I could enter without buying tracks to get the min. participation for a C license, so I was stuck at D no matter my safety rating. I think the 1 week SRF ran on a track I had, I was out of town or something.

Last edited:
And since it doesn't say it there - oval tracks are $12, road tracks are $15, for the most part.

I let my subscription lapse due to the pricing - $60 to run a 'full' season in anything other than the 2 Rookie series (MX5 cup and street stock) felt like way too much. It's not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things but it does take away from other things I'd like to spend my sim-money on, especially sight unseen - the included content had several tracks that I just wasn't digging.

At the time I was also annoyed to find out that with the remaining 6ish weeks of the season, there weren't any D-class races I could enter without buying tracks to get the min. participation for a C license, so I was stuck at D no matter my safety rating. I think the 1 week SRF ran on a track I had, I was out of town or something.
Then again buying one of the tracks for the remaining weeks, perhaps one you enjoy, could easily be enough to take you from D to C license if you just put some dedication into practicing and getting some clean races going. Speaking from experience here so I'm not just making things up.

Did you own a C-class car? If not, who cares if you have a C-license? If you did, then you can race class C with a D4.0 license even if you never step foot in a class D car.

FYI, there will be 5 series this season running base content cars.
D:
Global Challenge Fixed (CTS-V.R) w/ 4 base tracks
Grand Touring Cup (Solstice) w/ 4 base tracks
Spec Racer Ford w/ 4 base tracks
C:
Advanced MX-5 Cup
Global Challenge Open (CTS-V.R) w/ 4 base tracks

Since you brought up the idea of $60 of content, you can definitely get more than one series for that. Especially with four series running free cars and 4/12 weeks on free tracks. If you buy the following tracks:
Donington
Sebring
Mid-Ohio
Watkins Glen
Mostport

Those 5 tracks will give you 8 weeks of racing in each series. Then you could either buy another track (CotA, Bathurst, Interlagos, and Oulton Park get used twice by these series and are all built to the latest standards of quality) to make it a 6-pack, or the Ruf. If you buy the Ruf, you get three more series to race with the tracks for 4 or 5 weeks. Either way, you've got non-Rookie content to race every week, and enough to earn participation credits. Yes, you'll probably need to buy more next season to keep 8 or more in those series, but a 3-pack should accomplish that easily.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.