1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Fuel? Why

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Nick Milton, May 13, 2014.

1. Nick Milton

Nick Milton
    Captain Slow Premium Member

50% race! the tyre situation us bad enough but,

Why do I have eg: a 32 lap career race, and it give me 66 lap fuel? And I can't adjust?

Help!

2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

The fuel is burned a x2 rate i.e twice as fast

This would mean that you get the handling & tyre wear effect of starting with a heavy car and finishing with a light car, rather than starting with a lighter half full car at 1:1 fuel

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. What he ^^ said.

Think of it like setting fuel usage = X2 in rFactor, and then halving the race distance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Nick Milton

Nick Milton

Ok thanks for reply, so what would the best start option be? Less?

5. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

No, just accept the default fuel level.

You are given the option of 3 levels of fuel, I can't remember the terms the game uses, perhaps Aggressive, Standard, and Less Aggressive

Aggressive = Less fuel and less weight (the car is more nimble), but you must spend much more time in fuel saving mode (Lean Fuel) to get to the end of the race

Standard= = A kind of optimal fuel setting - You can spend most of the time at the Standard fuel mix, with quite few laps on Rich Fuel, but you will have to use some fuel saving at Lean fuel mix during the race. If you spend the whole race on Standard fuel mix, you might not make it to the end.

Less Aggressive (don't remember the real name) = You are carrying more fuel than required, which makes the car heavy and harder to handle at the beginning. You can use Standard fuel mix throughout the race, and quite a lot of time at Rich fuel mix. You are unlikely to need to use the Lean fuel mix during the race.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

"Cautious, Normal, Aggressive"

Personally i don't think the car feels as heavy at 50% race distance as it does when it's at 100% race distance. I think they give you half a tank but the readout in the garage says full (whatever number of laps that the race is).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I don't think you will be able to change it for the race, except setting your fuel strategy, as the good men above have stated already.

8. Nick Milton

Nick Milton

thanks all :)