• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Fuel Simulation ?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by BizkiD, Oct 6, 2011.

1. BizkiD

BizkiD

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

The search option was disabled (?) and I didn't find a thread about my issue, so here it goes :

I've done 5 races till now (about to start in Monaco) and every race my pace is much slower than top 10 drivers.
    I use only one aid which is automatic gearbox and difficulty level is professional (legend is a bit too difficult). I do 50% races.

I practice a lot each time! And I try a lot of different combination to see how hard I can push in certain situation. Different setups, tyres, fuel loads, .. even with a lot of fuel and worn out tyres. So in most of the cases I know what pace I should have.
    My qualifications have been great : 3 podiums and two times 5th with Williams. But I struggled a lot in races. Not only I've been a lot slower than top 10 drivers, but I couldn't even match my own pace from practice (where like I said I "simulate" different situation).

Last race in Catalunya I wanted to adjust my setup before race and I saw fuel load on 66 laps and I couldn't change it, like the rest of setup. What's wrong with that btw? Sometimes you can and sometimes it's just grey and non-adjustable. Anyway, in the beginning of the race I chose fuel-mix 3 (richest) and after 33 laps I still had +3 laps on my hub, which shouldn't happen, I presume? My best lap, 26 with fresh options, was ridiculously slow : 1.23.5xx where it at least should be 1.22.xxx and normally 1.21.xxx . And 1.23.xxx is pretty close to times I did in the practice with 20-30laps fuel load and options.

So off course my first thought was that the fuel simulation is kind of screwed up(in my case) or I should be able change fuel load?

Is it possible that what I just said is any true or is it complete rubbish and I should train more? :tongue:
    Because it's very frustrating, I drive as fast as I can, really and I'm about second slower than in practice pace (same setup, fuel-load, tyres, KERS and DRS).

Thanks in advance.

Greets.