• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Fuel mix/ strategy bug ??

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Piet Dekimpe, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Piet Dekimpe

Piet Dekimpe

Ratings:
    +55
    I saw a guy on youtube doing a 50 % race in hungary .
    During the first lap i noticed his fuel indicator was minus 3 laps ( in red) so i guess he chose aggresive strategy, thus underloading his car which makes sense.

However whenever i chose aggresive strategy i still have plus 3-5 laps in the indicator during the first laps, i never saw minus

Is there a bug ? Do i need to do something extra in the pit? Do you have to manually lower the fuel load in the car setup menu? Anyone a clue or hint?

2. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,565
    There does seem to be a bit of a bug with choosing fuel strategies sometimes. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it that i can figure out though.
    sometimes when i choose Aggressive i get to the grid and i have the Cautious fuel load... sometimes the Aggressive
    At Hungary I think the fuel load for Aggressive strategy at 50% distance should be Optimal level on the grid... i think -3 is for 100% distance races. (i could be wrong)

3. Piet Dekimpe

Piet Dekimpe

Ratings:
    +55
    Maybe it was a 100% race ..... You could be wright .... Most of the time i do 25% races so no minus laps is normal in aggressive strategy i suppose...