Forza Motorsport (FM8) HUD [SimHub]

Apps Forza Motorsport (FM8) HUD [SimHub] 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jmike4649 submitted a new resource:

Forza Motorsport (FM8) UI for SimHub - All UI elements for SimHub

This is an attempt to replicate Forza Motorsport’s (FM8) UI for use as SimHub Overlays
Mainly made for AC, but can be easily adapted to other sims with some minor tweaks

FEATURES:
[Gears]
-Dynamic tachometer + redlines
-Changing colors for certain tire compounds
-ERS & DRS support for compatible cars
-Tire temps and wear indicators, for temps, cold-optimal-hot==blue-white-orange
-Color of 2D car changes to red based on damage
-Color changing...

Read more about this resource...

I think the tachometer would work better if the values for the RPM matched up with the car settings (CarSettings_MaxRPM for the max RPM, CarSettings_RedLineRPM for the redline), and the tachometer's rev bar had a red section for the redline that starts from the car settings redline and goes up to the max RPM (Also from car settings of course), following the normal white rev bar for how it shows the RPM, just starting from redline instead of zero.

Last edited:
I think the tachometer would work better if the values for the RPM matched up with the car settings (CarSettings_MaxRPM for the max RPM, CarSettings_RedLineRPM for the redline), and the tachometer's rev bar had a red section for the redline that starts from the car settings redline and goes up to the max RPM (Also from car settings of course), following the normal white rev bar for how it shows the RPM, just starting from redline instead of zero.
Good suggestions and yeah I just chose the path of least resistance for now. Sometimes it’s so overly complicated and time consuming just to make a little piece work. I’ll keep trying for the next update. Thanks.

Jmike4649 updated Forza Motorsport (FM8) UI for SimHub with a new update entry:

Changes v1.1

Big thanks to Forzurda for helping with some aspects
Changes:
[Gears]
-Added orange bar for when exceeding past the redline
-Better design for the red border when at rev limit
-ABS/TCS icons won’t show when disabled or is not equipped
-Added dots in the fuel bar per each 25%
-Fuel estimate will not appear when there is no data, complete 2 valid laps to get data

[Times/Leaderboard]
-The ‘current lap’ section will be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jmike4649 updated Forza Motorsport (FM8) UI for SimHub with a new update entry:

Changes v1.2

[Gears]
-Fixed a rounding error for certain redlines

[Laps/Messages]
-Each message ‘grouping’ (top/mid/bottom) will now stack with each other, meaning that if any message appears alone, it will be shown at the top first, moving down only if another message group appears over it.
-Added ‘Off Track’ warning message
-Messages with a black background will flash orange very quickly at first

Read the rest of this update entry...

I’ve just confirmed now that all the overlays work properly on a pc that never had simhub or AC installed on it before. Still interesting though, did you install the dashboard fonts when first opening the files? Are you using the WPF renderer (Dash Studio->Settings->Performance)? It seems like some parts of the overlays are edited - there are white borders around the tires, among other things, that I didn’t put there. I see no reason for some parts of the leaderboard to be invisible and others visible, especially parts that are just a simple black box for the background.

Last edited:
Hiya, unzipped and double clicked each item to install. Then added this to the overlay as already ran it using simhub with FM8 ;O)
....for races the leaderboard shows ok. just the text is a bit odd.

did you install the dashboard fonts when first opening the files?
No, didn't prompt anything.

Are you using the WPF renderer (Dash Studio->Settings->Performance)
Yes.

Having issue with adding laps and messages widget. Reinstall doesn't help
Are you on the latest simhub version?
Does it appear in the overlays section but not when you want to add it to a layout? If yes maybe try to create a new overlay yourself, then copy all the elements from mine to the new one, set the dimensions and positioning to be the same and then see if it works.

Are you on the latest simhub version?
Does it appear in the overlays section but not when you want to add it to a layout? If yes maybe try to create a new overlay yourself, then copy all the elements from mine to the new one, set the dimensions and positioning to be the same and then see if it works.
Update simhub and it fixed problem

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Forum trophies