FM8 Forza Motorsport 2023

Forza Motorsport 8 (Turn 10 Studios)
  • Deleted member 197115

Update 3 is coming.

• Deleted member 197115

The update is scheduled for Dec-12th.

With the help of Microsoft's photo editor, I have a quick way to crop the black borders off of the pics I take, so it's easier to share. Now if only Turn 10 would allow someone stuck at 1080p to sharpen the images, that would be awesome. But still, I am trying to make lemonade out of these prunes...

53388561716_b329f8259a_k.jpg

53388868244_a3acbb1414_k.jpg

But when things like this happens, I wonder if it's worth the effort?...

53387640332_78257de9e5_k.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

Update is out. Final release notes.

• Deleted member 197115

After update my benchmark numbers are exactly the same as before, but it looks like running a tad smoother with slightly better visuals (finally DLSS/DLAA work properly all time) in actual races.
Also seems FFB is improved, got more "active", but could be placebo as well or just result of upgrades to the car.

A comparison of a replay grab...
53449167418_143f0dcd30_o.png

Versus some time in Photomode...
53449458190_119379177e_o.jpg

I wish I could get the game to look like the Photomode shot while playing it.

IMO this car bay thing is broken. The three other cars do not have the anywhere near the detail the primary car has. I'm wondering what is the point of this showroom?

53448111062_59629d82da_o.jpg

53449352849_f4c1723f8c_o.jpg

53449352649_a7506c70a3_o.jpg

Some shots of an RX-3. I spent too much time with this car. I got it to level 50 and threw every engine in the game at it, only to find out it needs a wide body kit. Since discovering that, I am trying to make it into something more reasonable in C class. These are from trying to make it work in B class.

53449448740_6fc4746257_o.jpg

53448110567_d17fec924e_o.jpg

53449158213_395323c4b4_o.jpg

This one is rendering quality set to Medium and RT set to max. It's why I ended up putting the game on High and ignoring what everyone is saying about where I should be running the game.
53449157838_080a1959e1_o.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

As we are looking at screengrabs, found this post on official forum comparing prerelease footage to the actual. Expectations vs reality textbook. :poop:

Every game I have ever followed before release had better looking pre-release footage or shown a superior version of the game in promotional materials, only to deliver a gimped version to the public. Some companies are more egregious than others.

Turn 10 did themselves no favors by saying the earliest video footage were in game. They should have said it was conceptual or something. Saying anything other than in game would have given them some room to explain it away, but they had to say it was in game, and go and set players expectations that damn high...

Then again, this is a game from the same team that claimed that Forza Motorsport 3 had a hard-core simulation engine in it. I shouldn't be surprised that the promotional material is not an accurate representation of the final product.

Last edited:
Concerning the game (and trying to get some discussion here). In the 2023 Forza Year in Review, they wrote the following...

Since the release of Forza Motorsport, we've been listening to your feedback about the game and where you would like to see improvements or changes made. Stay tuned, as we’ll have more to share about these topics early in 2024.

I'm interested to see what Turn 10 has to say about the player feedback about the game. I am not expecting them to address everything the community has been pointing out, they typically have never done so, but with the general negative perception the game has, maybe this will force them to do it this time? Hopefully they make changes and worthwhile ones at that. While the game should have never been in a situation where it would need a "turn around" or "come-back", that is what the title desperately needs.
In my opinion, the underlying game isn't so broken that changes cannot be made to it. The problem is the general perception that this game is FUBAR. It's not, but people are going to be ultra dramatic about it, so it's whatever the masses say.

I've been avoiding discussing the quality of the game here because, there are plenty of places where the exact same things that can and will be expressed have already happened. And the other reason is, interest in FM has fallen off a cliff on RD. No one is saying anything, and if something is said it's going to be critical. Reading the negativity on FM.net and Reddit is already enough to have me closing those sites and ignoring every alert coming from either. I don't want to do the same on RD, but if that is what everybody wants to do, then what does my opinion matter?

My take on FM23...
The game shouldn't have been released as is and should have been pushed back until feature complete. Microsoft already laid 2 eggs in 2023, why make Forza into the third?
Forza Motorsport is a franchise that Microsoft needed to do nothing but go from strength to strength; but since FM5, they have only been putting out 8/10 titles at best. The reboot needed to be a 10/10 upon release, but it wasn't. What was delivered was a place holder, sort of an IOU, and that is most likely what has the community riled up against the franchise.
There are some good things in the title, the physics are a major improvement over all Forza Motorsport titles, the racing benefits because of that. This is the first title with dynamic weather despite the lazy application of it in the featured multiplayer races. But everything else is unfinished and poorly thought out. (Sorry to be crib-ing PJT's sentiment on this. He was dead-on with his assessment of the game). It can be fixed, but again; the community would rather the entire franchise die. At least that is the feeling I have in reading through the various complaints on FM.net and Reddit. It would be a shame if the community gets what they are asking for.

Something that bugs me about FM's graphics. This is the winning screen with the render quality set to medium...

53458912958_a516664ed8_o.png

And this is with the render quality set to high...

53459193915_38357357ee_o.png

Why is the high setting just a solid grey background? The game can't render a blurry reflection, along with shadows on the backdrop, and a difference between the floor and the curtain? The same thing happens with the ultra-setting, but the car is much nicer looking, and the colors are brighter. This is a head scratcher.

• Deleted member 197115

Unless they fix graphics, AI, and snorefest Career, all these content updates are useless.

You mean to tell me that you're not dying to use the Oval pit exit on the road course? Yes, that is still broken.
Come to think of it, Laguna Seca, Indianapolis road course, and Spa's pit exits are all borked. I'd like to see those fixed.

• Deleted member 197115

It is AMS2 story all over. Fix the basics first before pumping out more content.
To T10 credit physics is much better than Madness crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea