Formula Legacy Manager - 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Meff28s You might want to discuss some changes first before you apply them, you've been changing the system pretty often without giving us an opportunity to discuss it first.

I'm joining the % opinion, with -30 pts the gaps would stay the same while with percentages the gaps get leveled so the order can get mixed up.

I understand. However the fact that we shrink the gaps between everyone's ratings more is IMO a bad thing. At the beginning, the gap between the fastest and the slowest was around 40 points. Now, the gap is 20 points ! And if I just remove the slowest and the fastest car, the gap was around 30 points, now it is only 13 points... The gap between the worst driver around 70 and the best one around 90 is bigger than this. Which means that for the past 5 years, the ratings of the car have quite no influence on the results. And with the possibility of a DNF, results were sometimes pure randomness. With those small gaps, someone who manage to build a very good car won't be rewarded by results.
Examples : Williams after their 82 title, Ligier around 83, Ferrari and Arrows last year.

My aim is to re-build decent gaps between all the teams to create a real hierarchy again. But well it is opened to be discuss, if you prefer after each reshuffle to get quite all the same ratings why not. It just won't be the same game. Not necessarily a worse game.

30% get everyone closer, and it means that the reshuffle numbers have more of an effect. It allows smaller teams to maybe boost up, or drops larger teams.

Like I've said a few times in this forum -

@Meff28s is the boss, the moderator, the creator of this game. He makes the rules and he doesn't need our approval.
'Like this kind of dictatorship :D

Anyway, @Aidan Keranen still need your buys & sponsor :cry:
Will have to set a rule to handle that problem, the season has ended 66 hours ago. You all had nearly 3 days to purchase your buys and pick your sponsor, it wasn't supposed to be that long :(

Like I've said a few times in this forum -

@Meff28s is the boss, the moderator, the creator of this game. He makes the rules and he doesn't need our approval.
Agrer

Also the thing is not to clode gaps but to make upgrades posdible again. Everything at 99 and the game stops developing.

Small teams have a very good teams to gain positions if they have a strategy. They get huuuuge amounts of rewards for upgrsdes, basically free money.
We should not gift them a free advantage at the reshuffle aswell. I can speak for myself, managed it to do two times already. And others did it aswell. And i also fell down the grid again with Surtees.

The reshuffle still does its thing quite well because of the random values + or - we get.

I think it works relatively well already

'Like this kind of dictatorship :D

Anyway, @Aidan Keranen still need your buys & sponsor :cry:
Will have to set a rule to handle that problem, the season has ended 66 hours ago. You all had nearly 3 days to purchase your buys and pick your sponsor, it wasn't supposed to be that long :(
Not supposed to be that long? Make a deadline for season changes then. No choden sponsor, no money for the moment

I understand. However the fact that we shrink the gaps between everyone's ratings more is IMO a bad thing. At the beginning, the gap between the fastest and the slowest was around 40 points. Now, the gap is 20 points ! And if I just remove the slowest and the fastest car, the gap was around 30 points, now it is only 13 points... The gap between the worst driver around 70 and the best one around 90 is bigger than this. Which means that for the past 5 years, the ratings of the car have quite no influence on the results. And with the possibility of a DNF, results were sometimes pure randomness. With those small gaps, someone who manage to build a very good car won't be rewarded by results.
Examples : Williams after their 82 title, Ligier around 83, Ferrari and Arrows last year.

My aim is to re-build decent gaps between all the teams to create a real hierarchy again. But well it is opened to be discuss, if you prefer after each reshuffle to get quite all the same ratings why not. It just won't be the same game. Not necessarily a worse game.
Fair enough, I see your point and I like it :thumbsup:

@Meff28s you've said many times....MANY MANY times...Marketplace closes in 48hrs. You need to mean it. If someone misses their buys, then give them none. If they fail to provide a sponsor, default them to the lowest available in their tier.

@Meff28s you've said many times....MANY MANY times...Marketplace closes in 48hrs. You need to mean it. If someone misses their buys, then give them none. If they fail to provide a sponsor, default them to the lowest available in their tier.
This isnt the normal marketplace but a season change. which will obviously need more time?

Market is closed !
3iLvi2P.png

1987 Formula Legacy Season (1-4)

60p9pjw.png

iGyXkD6.png

1ibQchG.png

G4SUHUu.png

CIhpUU1.png

l1PZw71.png

You've got 48h to make your buys !

Status
Not open for further replies.