Formula Legacy Manager - 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're now only waiting for the buys of @Aidan Keranen, @oorjit07 & @Manolis Sigoulakis. However, I won't be able to simulate the races before midnight (GMT+1), the reason : UEFA Champions League

I take this opportunity to introduce you the new drivers' signing system :
As I said before, I've noticed that the worst position to be in this game is to be Tier2/3. To catch the Tier1, you need a good driver but you're often screwed by the "bet system" we had. Now it will be very simple. Only based on the last year Standings, we'll have sort of a "draft" order to sign the drivers. Example :
Standings : Ferrari 1st, BRM 4th, Tyrrell 10th
Ferrari sign a driver they want, the amount of years they want. Then BRM, then Tyrell.
If a team needs to sign 2 drivers instead of only 1, for example here BRM, the order will be this one : Ferrari, BRM, Tyrrell and then BRM again. You understand that you'll probably have no advantage to sign both your drivers during the same off season.
Last thing, we won't wait for the unique choice of every one (it would last days). So I'll ask you to give me a proper wishlist like before. However, make sure to give me enough names to sign a driver when it will be your turn. If every driver of your list is already signed when it comes to you, you'll skip the "draft" and will only be able to sign someone's left.
Still with my example, Ferrari would only need to give me 1 name, BRM at least 4 names and Tyrrell 3.

Last edited:
Here's my idea, based on a sort of free agent system. When you have a driver's contract expire with Team A, all teams may announce in PM if they want to try to bid for the driver. All teams interested in the driver are ranked by their Tier. Team A, since it already has a relationship with the driver, gets a +1 bonus to their tier for that driver.

Example:
Team A, Team B, and Team C all want the driver. Team A is a tier 3, Team B is a Tier 2, and Team C is a Tier 3. Because the driver has a relationship with Team A, that team now becomes Tier 2 for ranking purposes only. That way, Team A and Team B can now have a bidding war for a driver, and there is less of a penalty to Team A because of their Tier ranking.

1) Maintains same basic system from past seasons
2) Gives a small bonus to lower-tiered teams.

I'm doing this mostly because of the drivers stats. Some guys are stuck so many years in low rated teams that it has destroyed their careers. Also, I don't want to reward guys who throw a season away or more on purpose. If you want to save money and do nothing, then you'll assume to sign shitty drivers. There is currently no real reward when you get good results. Here there will be a true advantage when you'll finish ahead a rival team.

A signing system based on "bet" is necessary unfair. It is a game, and it isn't a bad idea at all but IMO the off season should be the real end of the season : I made a shitty year, my best driver is now free, damn I have to start from nothing and to rebuild something in the future. I made a great year, better than expected, I have the opportunity to sign someone above my rank.

Also, I don't want to reward guys who throw a season away or more on purpose.
But, is there any way for lower placed teams to progress then? Options have been getting more and more limited

How about: I pick first, others can fight over the rest?
giphy.gif

@Milos
Well for the moment, I've noticed at least 2 different tactics to go from a lower tier to the top. I can't make a tutorial or an announcement to explain how to be successful but it was the one that brought BRM to be the best team in the middle of the 70's and the one used to make ATS a successful team. I've also seen so many terrible decisions by many managers which have screwed a whole saving tactics, a good reshuffle results etc...
Smart buys, smart sponsor pick & smart drivers' signings is the key to success.

@Milos
Well for the moment, I've noticed at least 2 different tactics to go from a lower tier to the top. I can't make a tutorial or an announcement to explain how to be successful but it was the one that brought BRM to be the best team in the middle of the 70's and the one used to make ATS a successful team. I've also seen so many terrible decisions by many managers which have screwed a whole saving tactics, a good reshuffle results etc...
Smart buys, smart sponsor pick & smart drivers' signings is the key to success.
All easier said than done...

Market is Closed !
Zn3Ht85.png

1985 Formula Legacy Season (9-12)

TZJi99m.png

2C76MTh.png

lRB3yRl.png

gEiraEh.png

fGvYzmI.png

etZzCgi.png

You've got 48h to make your buys ! Last market of the season !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 116 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 17.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.1%